• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Buy does it again....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
they had every right to investigate the situation...take him to the station till further concluded .. he was never charged with anything and released.. THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO DO THAT !! TRUST ME :D !!

i dont care either if he got a kickout of something .. but you now the old saying..

who even cares its 2 dollar bills anyways ??

wow i sure got them ... those two dollar bills work great ... last time i checked 2 dollars bills were jsut as easy to count as 1's or 5's.. and the register does all the math so change wouldnt be hard ??? woo hoooo

first off they hire little kids at Best Best (mostly)

and most, not all, but most little kids never have seen a $2 bill before (to darn bad!)

their lack of knowledge should not be a punishment for anyone, and the Manager
should be fired

making anyone be humiliated due to your own stupidity
is even wrong in a stupid place like Worst Buy

they should all be punished at the least
after the store manager gets fired
then the can get a trained monkey to run the store :)

cornbread said:
For Baltimore County police, said spokesman Bill Toohey, "It's a sign that we're all a little nervous in the post-9/11 world."

What the **** does that have to do with the price of tea in Toledo???!

Were the $2 bills made of explosives or sharpened and held against a pilot's throat? Officials still playing on people's fears and misguided emotions around that horrible day really tick me off! :bang head

I didn't pay for dinner because of the residual tensions from 9-11. I told my boss to kiss it where it smells because of post 9-11 trauma. I can't look at buildings anymore since 9-11. Everyone with a good tan is a terrorist. Gimme a ****ing break.

i've been thinking about it some more, and its hilarious. alright, lets say i am a counterfitter.

why the hell would i make $2 bills???
why would i try to use them all at once and present them in order while they were in perfect shape???

the more i think about it, the more amazing it is to me that he was arrested.

i dont understand how its the police's fault.. they got called and investigated ..they did there job....

the best buy people caught a *un-noted* flaw in a purchase so they called (maybe not in the right way .. they follwed up, they did there job).

he went in totally willing and ready to be an *** and not say anything about the guy or where he worked or what he looked like anything.. he then paid and lucked turned out one bled a bit... they in turn did what they should have and called authority.. authority came investigated and concluded .. end of story ..

i think he's mad cause they didnt apologize for something they didnt have to ..

the whole time he thought i got a deal not paying installation.. when he got called on it he got mad he had to pay.. didnt even question the free installation mixup.. just came in ready to be a jerk and some how get over on them with $2 dollar bills ..

dumbest thing ever...

reminds me reading the poor guy who opened his monitor box from them and it was a board and a brick .. lol

boycott best buy .. go get a sign you edited by sss -NO FLAMING- ..

who shops there anyways ??? oh yeah thats right people who have amazing stories like these .. lol

you guys should all rush in and demand they sell big red noses with matching size 20 shoes.. or you will never shop there again !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a sign that we're all a little nervous in the post-9/11 world.
WTF does 9-11 have to do with paying for a car stereo with $2 bills. When we have idiots like that heading up law enforcement, it's no wonder why actual terrorist attacks can occur. Best Buy can kiss my A$$. Heres a short best buy story for you... I needed to replace my brother's NF7-S ASAP durring my spring break, but I couldn't find one anywhere in any of the local retail chains. Out of desperation I, checked Best Buy, remebering that they once carried the NF7-S. When I got there, all they had was the S2G and not knowing the difference between the S and the S2G, I flipped open the lid on the box for a physical inspection and that's when troubled occured. I was greated by an annoying employee, the same one that tried to sell me a $500 digicam after I repeatedly stated I already have a digicam, stating they can't sell the motherboard now because has been open. First of all, the motherboard box has no shrink wrap or security straps so no one can really tell it has been opened. Secondly, if they had a display model I would not have done so. Finally after I told her that, she lets me off the hook or so I thought...My younger brother was checking out head phones at the other side of the store so I proceeded to his position to tell him to get out of the store. When I got there, there were four guys hawking over me watching my every move. It's not like I was going to jack the mobo...come to think about it, you can't even shoplift a motherboard. Anyways Best Buy sucks! They should change their name to Worst Buy. The poor guy really needs to sue best buy for this one.

Last edited:
Pinky said:
What the **** does that have to do with the price of tea in Toledo???!

Were the $2 bills made of explosives or sharpened and held against a pilot's throat? Officials still playing on people's fears and misguided emotions around that horrible day really tick me off! :bang head

I didn't pay for dinner because of the residual tensions from 9-11. I told my boss to kiss it where it smells because of post 9-11 trauma. I can't look at buildings anymore since 9-11. Everyone with a good tan is a terrorist. Gimme a ****ing break.

I was going to comment on this in particular but I didnt think it was appropiate for the forum. Turns out its ok, however Pinky you pretty much summed up most of what I feel towards this whole post 9/11 issue.

My favorite comment ever about post 9/11 situations is from the daily show where they came up with the following equation:

9/11 + Whatever we say = Shut the #@!&% up!

I almost fell off my chair when I saw that :D.

Xtreme Barton said:
i dont understand how its the police's fault.. they got called and investigated ..they did there job....

the best buy people caught a *un-noted* flaw in a purchase so they called (maybe not in the right way .. they follwed up, they did there job).

he went in totally willing and ready to be an *** and not say anything about the guy or where he worked or what he looked like anything.. he then paid and lucked turned out one bled a bit... they in turn did what they should have and called authority.. authority came investigated and concluded .. end of story ..

i think he's mad cause they didnt apologize for something they didnt have to ..

the whole time he thought i got a deal not paying installation.. when he got called on it he got mad he had to pay.. didnt even question the free installation mixup.. just came in ready to be a jerk and some how get over on them with $2 dollar bills ..

dumbest thing ever...

reminds me reading the poor guy who opened his monitor box from them and it was a board and a brick .. lol
The police did their job by arresting the guy even if he didnt commit a felony? Called the police for a legal tender problem? You do know that while the proper authorities was investigating, he was UNDER ARREST. For what? For pointing out the BB/PD stupidity? How is handinng over $2 bills being a jerk? He could've handed over $1 or $5, legal tender is legal tender.

Xtreme Barton said:
wow i sure got them ... those two dollar bills work great ... last time i checked 2 dollars bills were jsut as easy to count as 1's or 5's.. and the register does all the math so change wouldnt be hard ??? woo hoooo

WOW...

So if 2 dollar bills wasn't such big deal, why then did BB make a big deal about it? The cashier said "she doesn't have to accept these", to me BB was making the big deal. LoL.

Xtreme Barton said:
b .. go get a sign edited by sss -NO FLAMING- ..

Your "childish" comments are beginning to go over the line. :rolleyes:
This is a good example of thread crapping. People like you are the ones who tend to get post locked around here. :rolleyes:

One more thing Xtreme Barton. I made a point to let the mods know about your comments. Nothing wrong with having a decent discussion, or different views, but when you go over the line with name calling and such your screwing up what was otherwise a good discussion. I am so tired of seeing this happen on the forums, if you have nothing to add to the post in a respectful or decent manner...PLEASE do not post anything at all, PLEASE.

Last edited by a moderator:
people keep asking how the police are at fault

we they arent morons (actually they are)
they can use their own judgement just like any other doughnut eater
they could say hmmm. we these are $2 bills and no one would waste there time to
counterfitter these well mr manager these are real (especially by looking at them and using the ink)
so we will leave now!

instead they cuffed him and humilated him in front of many, many people the arrested him, took him in
these are stupid people we are talking about

being stupid is not a crime
but being stupid and useing your stupidity to humiliate someone in the name of the law should be
the jelly roll people should also be held up to some liability

zip22 said:
i've been thinking about it some more, and its hilarious. alright, lets say i am a counterfitter.

why the hell would i make $2 bills???
why would i try to use them all at once and present them in order while they were in perfect shape???

the more i think about it, the more amazing it is to me that he was arrested.
Yeah that was what I was going to say after reading that story. Who counterfeits $2 bills?!?! :confused:

I've never bought anything from BB, and stories like this only hurt my chances of ever buying anything, hehe.

C0oLl2iCef0o said:
The police did their job by arresting the guy even if he didnt commit a felony? Called the police for a legal tender problem? You do know that while the proper authorities was investigating, he was UNDER ARREST. For what? For pointing out the BB/PD stupidity? How is handinng over $2 bills being a jerk? He could've handed over $1 or $5, legal tender is legal tender.

ok listen carefully since you opened your mouth :D

he was never officially placed under arrest !! he would have been read his rights and told what he was being charged with !! NEVER HAPPENED !! so he wasnt under arrest !! he was temporarily in custody !! they have every right to do what they did.

and i can really care less too that he paid with 2 dollar bills. but HE wanted to be an *** by doing so.. well good for him !! WHAT DID IT PROVE ?? he went in thinking he was gonna be an ***, but turned out looking like one. LOL .. a big ol donkey booty !! lol

and let me tell you something else.. if the cops came and abused him, harrased him, or otherwise did anyting they werent supposed to do then he has nothing !! they can go as far as charging him if they wanted but they would have needed suffiecient evidence. if they could not have concluded the testing or whatever they... then he very well could have been placed under arrest and charged. remember that you are only charged not convicted. you have to be proven guilty in court of law !!

cornbread said:
WOW...

So if 2 dollar bills wasn't such big deal, why then did BB make a big deal about it? The cashier said "she doesn't have to accept these", to me BB was making the big deal. LoL.

they didnt make a big deal .. they aid they didnt have to except it .. BUT THEY DID !!

it more annoying when you get crappy threads.. like this
the law is the law. and your hate against best buy has noithing to with this situation !!

read it and clearly gather the facts !!

you either
A> really hate best buy
B> no nothing about the law
C> believe anything someone tells you
D> all of the above

Xtreme Barton said:
it more annoying when you get crappy threads.. like this
and your hate against best buy has noithing to with this situation !!

Well then don't post in the thread if you don't like it. Simple eh'?

And I don't hate BB, I hate the way they treat their customers. Do you by any chance work for them...LoL.

cornbread said:
Well then don't post in the thread if you don't like it. Simple eh'?

And I don't hate BB, I hate the way they treat their customers. Do you by any chance work for them...LoL.

so much for the childish comment thing .. lol.. should i pm a mod ...lol

anyways no i dont work for best buy nor have ever in the past .. maybe shopped there twice about 5 years ago..

i prefer to shop elsewhere. pricing, cutomer service, return policies i can find better at different stores .. mostly shop online though ....

Xtreme Barton said:
ok listen carefully since you opened your mouth :D

he was never officially placed under arrest !! he would have been read his rights and told what he was being charged with !! NEVER HAPPENED !! so he wasnt under arrest !! he was temporarily in custody !! they have every right to do what they did.

nice try

But, according to a Baltimore County police arrest report, suspicions were roused when an employee noticed some smearing of ink. So the cops were called in. One officer noticed the bills ran in sequential order.

Back