• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much glue/tape would I need to hold in the window?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
I'll be either using liquid nails or double sided tape. What kind of double-sided tape would I need,because we have some of that scotch stuff around and it's not the type to use i'm geussing.

Or how much liquid nails would I need to hold in a window that doesn't weigh a lot.

Would probably be best to go around the perimiter of the window. The standard scotch double sided tape, if I recall, isn't the strongest stuff in the world. While it might hold the window on, what if something bumped or fell into it? You could end up with the window falling off and hitting something inside the case.

I'd use the liquid nails for a more permanent fit, and like I said, I'd go around the perimeter. Might wanna try silicon too, just run a bead all the way 'round.

alright, thanks. I didn't think the double sided tape would work, I'll just go with the liquid nails around the edge.

Back