• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tried to do VDD mod, but...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

naddie

Tried it, but at the measure point, it says 2.99v !!! Sometime when I try to turn the pot, it goes down to 1.75, or even 1.56, but when I let go of the pot, it goes back up to 2.3 or (mostly) 2.99v!!!

What am I doing wrong here?

I tested the pot, the resister, and the entire combo out - all checks out.

I think I got the right point. It boots fine to the BIOS (didnt want to go any further). I boot to BIOS and then try to fiddle with the mod, and no go. I think it's waaaay too high.

I stand corrected. I must've done something wrong. I took the mobo out and used another SMD grabber (the other one must've been worn out).

I was begining to wonder if these SMD grabbers are too big for the legs, but I decided to try another one (glad I asked for 2 samples!). Sure shibby, it grabbed on and even PULLED my hand towards the leg when I let go... a sure sign of a perfect grab/connection.

Only prob I have now is to stick the pot somewhere so it is physically stable (and not all over the place). Problem is the damn thing is not even on the bottom (2 leads). I bent them as flat as I can, but still no go. I taped the bottom of the pot as so it will not short anything out.

So far 1.85v, 200 MHz FSB.

200x11 (2100 MHz), and so far so good. Prime is in 5 minutes already.

AND for those ppl who was wondering about those video problems (3DMark crashing), well waddya know? The NB was voltage starved! Was able to get my Radeon to FINALLY run one benchy from 3DMark.

Im going to Prime this baby overnight, then 3DMark2001 loop it the next night (nothing else installed right now - all cards pulled for testing).

Once everything's a go, I'm gonna start putting everything back together and reinstall Win2k (as this one had a few corruptions that were "fixed" by chkdsk... dont trust it for normal use).

Back