• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone help me overclock my 2.4BGHz processor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Icem

Registered
I have tried everything to get this to work i have raised the vcore and the fsb and when i reboot it goes into windows and then restarts, and sometimes brings up erros. My temps are perfictly fine. I am running a GA-8IHXP with Kingston 1066 RDRAM. Can anyone help.

i've got the same board and i can run at 156 fsb if i realli wanted to...can u give somemore info? proc stepping? mobo version? how many sticks of ram total? wats ur temps and hsf?

here's my ideas:

-update bios to at least f7
-i've heard that if you use all 4 slots of ram, u oc less(try testing with only 2 slots full)
-what fsb have u tried?
-put vcore to +.200
-raise ur agp voltage
-if u have other ram, try samsung ram cuz i've heard that it oc's better than other ram, i have samsung
-don't expect you can go over 148 easily cuz other people seem to have difficulty too(just depends on luck sometimes)
- and gigabyte temps sometimes are weird depending on how u measure it, i use easy tune 4 cuz that SEEMS to be most realiable

good luck...and btw, I love this board(cuz i'm not a hard core oc'er)..lots of features, but made a mistake with buying at 150 bucks! so expensive :mad:

well i have 4 sticks of ram, processor stepping is 7 and the revisoin is C1. i have water cooling and the temps are about 36c idle load is about 40c. And i have the 3.0 version of hte mobo the newest one. this is wierd when i put my 2 sticks of 128 in the mobo it overclocks to 2.61 then i take out the 128 stick and put the 256 sticks in is dosen't overclock one bit. BTW my vcore at max is 1.725

Last edited:
well i lowed my RDRAM down to pc 800 and tried to oc it and it did but when i reboot it says cpu settings wrong!, even if i oc it from 2.4 to 2.44 it says that, i can get it up to 2.73 but it says that message when i reboot.

Last edited:
did you try it with just 1 mem stick?
most likely its the memory that is holding you back...

i dont really know anything about the board youre using so cant help you there...

what PSU are you using?
sometimes thats the culprit in OC'ing...

Back