• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CCNA review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdal

hey at the end of last school year i was halfway through the fourth semester of cisco (ccna) and i got busy during the summer and pretty much forgot about all of that...so im thinking i want to get my ccna, and need a good review, a lot of the concepts are still in my head i just need a review to refresh some stuff and to remember other things i may have forgotten..anyone know of a book or website that might help?
thanks

Make sure you know EVERY point listed on this page. Also included in there is a practice exam, some exam notes, a sim lab, challenge tests, exam sim software, and practice tests. All Cisco certified. :D
Know everything in there well enough to write a book about them.

Did you go through the Academy? If so, go back in there and read through all the curriculum again. If you bought the books, re-read them. Do the practice questions/quizes at the end of each chapter. (the first semester should be VERY easy.. you should be averaging 90-100% on all quizes/tests. Anything you miss on those quizes, study extra hard.)

The academy training is built sem1 is required for sem2, etc. That means you should have an excellent understanding of sem1, a very good understanding of sem2, a good understanding of sem3, and an ok understanding of sem4.

Another good resouce is google. Google for "CCNA practice exams" or "free CCNA study guides". Should get you some free practice exams and study guides.

If possible, try to get some quality router time where you can sit and play w/ the routers -- reconfigure them into every formation you know how.

When i was studying for my ccna i didn't have access to a router/switch to configure and i pretty much new everything about the netwroking part...So Cisco has a router sim out that you can play with to get the feel of any switch and or router out there. although the IT market sucks right now (atleast where im at) I can't get a job for the life of me, i have my a+, net+, MCSA,CCNA, SQL...and a 2 year degree in IS. Everyone wants experince over education, i lost my last possible postion to a guy that had 10 year experince and no education.....sigh

Hehe, I never made it through my third semester in the cisco ccna net academy and I did just fine :)

Make sure you read this book a couple times, if you understand it, its a guaranteed pass :D

jdal said:
hey at the end of last school year i was halfway through the fourth semester of cisco (ccna) and i got busy during the summer and pretty much forgot about all of that...so im thinking i want to get my ccna, and need a good review, a lot of the concepts are still in my head i just need a review to refresh some stuff and to remember other things i may have forgotten..anyone know of a book or website that might help?
thanks

If u want i also have the CCNA book on my pc. Just send me a pm if u want me to send it to u.
:)

btw IT in the midwest is still booming, just a ccna will start you out at 35k, and money out here stretches out about twice as far as it does on the coasts

Back