• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pics of my water cooled BAD A$$..LOL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cloudkat

Registered
My green and blue monster !!!!

Seriously though, for my first TOTAL makeover I am happy with it.
I learned alot from building this rig. Mostly it was stuff NOT to do EVER AGAIN!!! :p

One thing you will notice is that all but the last 3 pics is with the old Inovatek res. It ended up cracking open like an egg. Lucky for me it just leaked down into the bottom of the case instead of spraying all over my mobo and cards.
So I went to wal-mart and found the new thing to use as a res ( with a little modding of course.;) ).

Anyways, here are the stats:
2.8 P4 OC'ed @3.2
Asus P4S8X
512 Corsair Extreme 3200
ATI 9700 Pro
Audigy 2 sound card
Danger Den W/B on CPU and GPU
Ehiem 1250
1/2" Tygon tubing through-out
Black Ice Extreme chrome Rad W/ 2 Evercool chrome 120mm fans

Enjoy the pics!!

Cjwinnit said:
Nice work :)

Very :D

One suggestion, though...for the window trim, try using some silver car door trim, pretty cheap at auto parts stores, it will make it look even better :). Still, very nice work, especially on the paintjob including the 5.25 bays.

i love that large external res, how much does it hold, and how much does your total system capacity? and what temps do you get?

love the paint job..
how u do that?
anybody wanna gimme a tutorial?

edit: i wanna do a blue silver affect.. teach me :D

Last edited:
obviously you put alot of work into that setup you got there and let me be the one to tell you that it paid off big time, it is flawless, i was drooling, i love the paint, how you put the pump in the drive bay , the awsome mirror lappind job and the nice big res on the side is very creative, how did you mount it to the side of the case.?you have a beutiful setup with a kicka@@ computer in there too, great work and keep it up.
btw how much that paint cost you?

I agree, the paintjob is flawless. Relatively neat on the inside, just that there seems to be alot of tubing running around. Res looks nice also. Not to mention the fact that the system it's self is killer.

dagamore said:
i love that large external res, how much does it hold, and how much does your total system capacity? and what temps do you get?

The res holds 2 gallons. Total system capacity is roughly 3 gallons. Temps are 55 cel under load at CPU, and 49 cel under load at the GPU.

Sn0rKy said:

ii think its in his 3inch drivebayts

Yes, the pump is in the 3" removable drive bay. My 80Gb Maxtor HDD is in the Antec cooler in one of the 5.25" bays with an additional HDD dual fan cooling plate attached.

blackhabit said:
the awsome mirror lappind job and the nice big res on the side is very creative, how did you mount it to the side of the case.?you have a beutiful setup with a kicka@@ computer in there too, great work and keep it up.
btw how much that paint cost you?

The res is held in place at the top by just a simple zip tie, but I positioned it so that it actually sits on the desk beside the case. So there is no weight on the case or any of the lines.
The paint cost me about 30$US. I got it from an auto parts store.
The clear coat didn't cost me anything. I got it from a friend.
The case has 5 layers of paint and 6 layers of clear coat.:eek:

Rabid Snail said:
I agree, the paintjob is flawless. Relatively neat on the inside, just that there seems to be alot of tubing running around. Res looks nice also. Not to mention the fact that the system it's self is killer.

It is not easy to get 1/2" I.D. tubing to connect from a pump, to a CPU, to a GPU, to a rad, to a res, then finally back to the pump, all without geting the tubing so short that it ends up kinking the lines, thus reducing the flow rate. :p
Thanks for the compliments though.:D

Sn0rKy said:
what brand of paint it that?
can u give me the full name of the paint?

I got the paint from an auto parts store.
It is called "Plasti-kote car color", it says on the can "exact match touch-up spray for cars, trucks and vans", and is stamped "Official Nascar paint". The color is "GM 7216".
The clear coat I got from a friend who works at an auto body shop, so I don't know the name of it.
:( sorry :(

Back