• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X DLX rev 1.4 VS 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

G|-|oST

Can someone please tell me if there really IS a signifficant difference between the 1.4 and 2.0 revisions??? I mean I know that the higher number sounds better and all, but as far as any real performance/function differences - are there any???

Has anyone tried using both with same componenets and got better results with 2.0?

I got a 1700 DLT3C 0310 (dont we all) but anything higher than 185 FSB is a no go. So.... can I expect the great 2.0 to do better or am I imagining things?

I already got an RMA from ASUS, but now wondering if its worth the suffering of around 3 weeks on an old T-Bird 1.4/old MoBo just to get the 2.0 (hopefully).

Any advice???

Don't know if what I read is valid or quirks but from what I could read it seems rev. 2 is better and stabler for OC'ing.

Got my RMA yesterday and I'll sure send it tomorrow. I just can't stand the constant rebooting when under load with no OC'ing. Low performance is another reason.

BTW, I've got rev. 1.04 too.

OK another fellow RMA'er :)

Just out of curiosity what did you tell them to get the RMA? And what did you mean by low performance?

Another big difference is the rev 2.0 is also going to have support for the 400mhz FSB barton chips. I already posted about this earlier today.

Back