• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Concerns about my DLT3C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Severian

Hmm, well, earlier today I finally managed to get my hands on a new JIUHB. I've been looking for one for a while, and was glad to kick out my old JIUCB. Anyway, it's stepping code was this:

JIUHB 0308 SPMW DLT3C

There's a couple of things that struck me as odd. Firstly, I've never heard of SPMW's before - anyone got any idea about it?

Obviously the first thing I wanted to do is see how far it would overclock, so I put it to 1.62V and hiked it up - it reached 2167 MHz, prime stable (well, for 5 minutes. I was rushing after all).

However, at that point, although I think there's a lot more headroom in the chip, I noticed the temperature: 57 degrees celcius. Which seems utterly insane.

I'm using a GA-7VAXP, and a Soltek cooler. While I know it's not mainstream, it is copper-cored and certainly quite hefty. I'm not sure what exactly is causing the high temperatures. Is the temperature diode on die of off die for TBred B's?

Also, what's the dangerous level as far as temps are concerned? At that point I paniced and brought it down a lot, I just found it really strange...

I would suggest better cooling before you fry your cpu 57c is really to hot for overclocking. Also 5 mins of prime really isn't enough to test stability.

I never get above 50c when I'am overclocking.

The most I ever see my cpu @ is about 45c with 1.95 volts.

I would suggest something from the slk familiy and a good cfm fan.

57C???????? Wow you wanna burn that baby???
Plz cool it down b4 you go any further. I would says at 57c you should encounter stability issues.
For air cooling : get SLK800 and a decent fan (you can mod the hs to have 92mm fan on it)
For watercooling: get neomose blocks, those blocks are well designed.

Have fun!

Yeah, thats what I thought. That's why I slowed it down the second I saw the temps...

Still really disturbing though. I ordered some AS-III because previously I just used the pre-packaged stuff that came with the HS, going to wait and see if it makes much of a difference.

Back