• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone seen a 1/2 od to 5/8 od Y ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MichaelMu

I have a techcool ext unit that is all 5/8 tubing. I will replaced the input barb on my whitewater to 5/8 od but am going to keep the 1/2 output barbs and have one go to my gpu and one to my chipset before meeting up with a Y and exiting my case. One prob, cant seem to find any :(

How about just finding an all 5/8" OD Y-piece, and using some 1/2" ID Tygon/Clearflex/whatever that will happily stretch over a 5/8" OD fitting?

In my searches I could not find ANY 5/8 Y fittings at all!!

none that were all 5/8, none that were 5/8 to any other size. I was desperately wanting something as my whole system was to be 5/8 with two outlets 1/2 or so.

I ended up settling with a 5/8 T - NOT a good idea/solution in my opion. I'll be reworking as soon as school is done.

anyhow, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Let me know if you find 5/8 Y fittings anywhere, please PM me or reply to this thread. Thanks!

You might be able to make use of something like this.

25389p.gif

These are designed for the tubing to slip inside. They are pricey, but flow resistance should be low.

You can always manufacture up a 5/8" Y-fitting out of a pipe of copper. Just slice the copper tubing on an angle in two equal pieces and solder them together.

Alternately, and if you don't mind the weight, you can go to a plumbing supplies store and pick up a ball chamber (about the size of a base-ball) with 3 threaded outlets.

Then you can attach whatever barbs of whatever size you want.

As another thought, how about a 1/2" OD to 3/4" OD Y-piece. DO they exist? Get some 5/8" tubing that will stretch over the 3/4" OD fitting and you're happy, or do a step down from 3/4" to 5/8".

I've seen the adaptors before, but I can't remember where :(

I do remember that it was during a VERY extensive search for a few other fittings...

They're quite hard to find.

Hmmm, can't seem to link directly to the page (url probably too long). US plastics (mentioned above) has Y fittings, 5/8" to 1/2".
Try this page, click on "Kynar, Nylon and Polypropylene Tube Fittings", then look at the "equal angle Y fittings".

Back