• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Wetter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Commander_Kang

Speedy Dragon
Well Ive finished setting up my water rig*pics later* and I now am doing the 24 hour leak test.Every thing seems to have gone smoothly but I think I may haved added to much water wetter.The water seems to be a foamy white.Is this normal for water wetter or should I drain and refill with less water wetter?

Well the water has cleared up and nothing leaks with the exception of one of the hose going to my resivoir.The plastic clamp I'm using on the hose isnt enough so I'm going to replace it with the metal clamps you can get at the hardware store.

Good choice on the hose clamps, and the leak test.

My main system right now mostly uses clamps, although I have a few large fittings that were so hard to get the tubing on they don't need them- I do have cable ties for a bit of extra insurance.
My portable system uses quick connects and doesn't leak, but I just have more confidence in clamped connections.

Good choice on testing for 24 hours too: I am not patient enough! But from what I have heard it often takes that long for water wetter to stop foaming. I have always used antifreeze so no personal experience there...

Back