• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How long till the white stuff grows?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I just got my first water cooling setup, but ive already seen white specks in my setup, ive had it for about an hour. I live in florida, whether that makes a dif. Also, my radiator had a leak(bought it from lonely raven, shipping damage) so i propped it up over my res, and al in all im pleased, temps from 60-65 to 45-50, not bad eh? But i was worried about white stuff in an hour. I used distilled water, but i think i comtaminated it...... Any thoughts, bound to be someone who thinks here.......

white stuff? kinda early in 1 hour...
erm... if u have some coolant/antifreeze lying around, pour a little bit in (10:90 ratio to water)
what is ur wc system made up of?
traded for 9000 radeon? nice trade.. unless it was a iceberg cooling system (eep!!)

Its nice, got it from lonely raven, has a large copper tube radiator, a copper tidepool, a gpu and chipset heatsink, viaaqua1300 pump(seems a bit week) and a HUGE severclass fan that must be about 150cfm, and i had a 20c drop in temps going from my volcano6(which is now on my k6-400). The radiator was damaged in shipping, 1 of the pipes was bent to the point of leakage, but fortunantly it is a very easy thing to fix. Runs great, but..... i see lots of white stuff now......

Is this white stuff frothy, or does it have substance. It could be sealant from around the edges of the hoses - or does this white stuff look kinda gunky?

It looked gunkey, but i put in a bit of windex(closed setup now) and the hoses cleaned off in seconds, plus the blue-ish looks cool. Now that i have my AC on my temps, in winXP, are 37c, and i always thought my temp guage was high. System is 32c, so i think this setup is doing well.

WOW, just dropped to 35/31c, Incredible!!! The room now is about 27c, i think this is great!! Under load it gets in the lower 40's tho.... cant win em all.....

Back