• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

in your opinion which palm is the best

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
go for a compaq aye
i think they are tha best and look really good to and have many features

I think the toshiba e745.
400 beautiful mhz, plus its almost as small as its palm counterparts :D

On the downside, it costs $500- but you were asking for the superlative :D

i will have to talk to my friend hes the one who posted on my account... but i think he might be willing to spend the money.. anyhow i will let him awnser all the questions =p or i will reply to them.

I would have to say the one of the higher end visors would be the best bang for the buck. They run palm os so there are a TON of freebe programs for them. And all the expasion moduales for them make them really verstaile. But if money were no option I would say one of dells high end ones look realy cool. compact flash card epasions (I think) inculade 802.11 cards, ethernet cards, gps and a buch more.

I'm looking at getting a toshiba one, My G/fs father who is a Dr, has the Sony Clie NX70V and a few other Sony's he swears by Sony PDAs,

Instead of recommending a Palm, I chose to recommend what not to get.

Don't get a Palm m130, in fact be careful about Palm in general. That thing is a POS. It doesn't support the 64K worth of colors like the box says. Here's a link about that: http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/09/05/2233205&mode=thread. The one that I have locks up every other day for no apperant reason. Palm tech support is $25 a call after the 90 warrenty period, unless you spend $49 to get a years worth of support. The only good thing is that there's a 1 year manufacturer's warrenty on defective hardware, and that's why mine is in the shop right now.

Stay away from sony, their tech support is dumber than rocks, about a year back the told me that all of their current models would support the upcomming Palm OS5, which it wouldn't because OS5 is based on a different processor achitecture. I still have that email somewhere...yes, here it is:
Response (Thomas) - 08/27/2002 03:21 PM
Thank you for your interest in the CLIE Handhelds.

Yes, the T665C / T615C CLIE handhelds will support the upcoming Palm OS5.

Please feel free to contact the Sony Style team for further assistance.

Personally, if I had the money I'd go with the Sharp Zaurus line.

it's black and looks like a berrie.....

jokes aside, i personaly never tried a BB so i can't give too much info, but apparently they will make a huge rise since fido/rogers will launch a new line. is all i know.

Back