• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need borging help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMightyBuck

Banned for being a BAD TRADER aka a Troll
i got permission to borg a whole computer lab of p3's at my school library (small college) and the administrator said this was fine, as long as A. blah blah blah, don't interfere with student's work blah blah blah
and B. it was totally undetectable by a normal user.

i know how to use the console, and i know how to run it as a scheduled task....

but neither of these help me, i can't figure out how to run it hidden!

i need it hidden, or else i won't be able to borg 'em....

if i run it as scheduled task for when it goes idle, my admin says that's not ok....

even if he can't see the window, there still has to be no window.

-buck

Okey dokey....what operating system are these p3's using??

Because if they are using 2k/XP (i doubt xp....) then u can use hte service installer!! And we also have a how to on borging :) (let me find hte link)

If it is running off of a 9X platorm..hmm this may be tricky...you could use EM3 to hid the console at startup...but anything is able to be found if u open the task manager (ctrl+alt+del)...lol

And it wont interfere with anybodie's work....as we already have beaten to death a discussion of :D

ill get that link and brb

'Bump

*edit* http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=179298&highlight=How+AND+Borging

thats Wedo's how to on borging...

It has the service installer and whatnot...like he said..make a floppy disk and have the F@H console on it, (i would edit ur normal client.cfg file to use port80 for these ones...coz most likely its open) and put that config file on r floppy...and then the service installer to...all of that normally fits on a floppy!

Good luck on Borging, and may the Fold be with you

'Bump

*/edit*

Last edited:
yeah, i know it doesn't interfere, that was just the admin's blah blah blah, i don't understand anything, blah blah blah, ,i'm gonna keep talking to seem smart, blah blah blah.....

i beleive they are all runnin' win2000, not sure.

i'm at home right now, i'll be up there in a few hours for finals!!!!

wa-hoo, ya'll know what finals are right? that's what you do right before you drink yourself stupid for a week!

Like the guys said, run it as a service. With the service install, you run the console client and it's pretty much hidden. The only way you can tell that the client is running is if you open Task Manager and notice that your cpu is running at 100%.

Congrats and Good luck on the borging. :D

Wedo

thx....

hi ho, hi ho, it's off to school we go,
we learn a bunch, and borg at lunch,
hi ho. hi ho, hi ho hi ho....

::insert seven dwarfs music theme::

Back