• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

smokin radion 9700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Heat obviously is what would cause it. I hear that back plate gets rather hot. I would RMA it anyways, and maybe you could use a little case cooling if you dont have any

Most definitely a cooling problem there. Do what Evnas said and check your case airflow. You may have a pocket of stagnant air in that area that isnt allowing the video card to cool properly.

yeah i havent updated sig yet but now im water cooled
i took the fan off and the shim will this f**k up my waranty? oops :D my gfx is w/c

Last edited:
samcim69 said:
yeah i havent updated sig yet but now im water cooled
i took the fan off and the shim will this f**k up my waranty? oops :D my gfx is w/c

how come your gffx isnt listed on your sig?? do you regret about getting it??? ROFLMAO jk m8

well i havent been here for a while and dont want 2 touch it till i get sorted :D
i got a reply of then saying this was v strange ..still waiting on more info!

yeah, I'm actually getting quite worried, myself, about my card. The RAMsinks I put on get HOT AS ALL HECK, and don't even get me started on that back plate. Also, my case window is really warm around the video card, so I'm thinking I need to get one of those card coolers.

I actually clocked my 9700P down to defaults because DAoC was getting weird artifacts. Yeah, DAoC, NOT ut2003! Go figure. Anyways, my case airflow sucks like crap. I have no intakes and one output. There's no where to put an intake though, even if I wanted to cut into my case (which I don't since it's beautifully machined aluminum).

Sucks for me :(

Back