• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit BH7 & 800fsb P4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tuzzi

Registered
I am curious if anybody has tried this combination yet. Would it be worth it to get a 2.4c for this mobo? How do you think it would OC? Thanks :confused:

Well, like tMQ said, they advertise the fact that the BH7 will run at 800 mhz fsb. If I were you though, I would wait a while. Try and pick up a later revision of the P4C chip which would hopefully o/c better...plus you know hardware sites are going to try this setup. Abit claiming that their board is capable of this is a lofty goal and I'm sure that many will want to test this.

Just my $.02.

I doubt the BH7 will do much more than 200 FSB, so you won't get much of an overclock out of it. Feel free to prove me wrong though. Will the BH7 support a 12X multiplier?

I use a Pentium 4 mobile ES.....

I think most of you know about the cpu so that I have not to explain any more.

I can choose all multis higher then my default and lower then default multi, BUT when I choose a multiplikator lower then 15 the computer boots up with a multi of 15... -so the minimum multi is 15 (P4 2,4C 12x200)

Because of this I think there will be some problems with this board....

The board itseld works of course with fsb200 and more...

I have a BH-7 and I've used a P4 mobile in it up to 225FSB and
now I'm burning in a P4 2.4C at 220.

The 3:4 divider is not working right, 33/Fixed does not work right,
but the board is solid as far as I can take it, which appears to
be 220-225 depending on memory.

Even if the BH7 mobo will do 220 FSB, then a 2.4C will only be running at 2.64 gig. I'm running a 2.4C at a stable 3.3 gig (275 FSB) on my IC7. If you're going to overclock and if you want a 2.4C, then get a Canterwood or Springdale mobo.

Back