• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Painting and Lighting??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GodCandy

Registered
I am looking at Painting a design in the window of my case with white frost paint. I think it will look pretty good because you will still be able to see the light. That is the problem... Where can i get a good blue light for not a lot of money. I would prefer something that was sound sensitave or at least had some sort of switch so that I can turn in off when I go to bed but anythign will do. If any of you have done anything like this let me know how it worked out.
Thanks,
Godcandy

Well I'll tell you which cheap one NOT to get... the RaidMax light with the sound sensitive hookup. I toasted 2 of them right at the on/off switch solder. Well... you pay for what you get really.

Thanks man... I sure wont get that one.. The thing is I just got the case and the window and I am all excited, but i spent to much on the case... :) ... Dont we all and now i dont have cash around to buy lights and cool fans and stuff. I was trying to find what I could for as little as I could.
Godcandy

SVC has some very nice 12" blue cold cathode light kits for 7.99. That includes one bulb and an inverter that can drive two bulbs. You can buy extra bulbs separately if you want. They have the most reasonable prices I've found.

Ken

penquissciguy said:
SVC has some very nice 12" blue cold cathode light kits for 7.99. That includes one bulb and an inverter that can drive two bulbs. You can buy extra bulbs separately if you want. They have the most reasonable prices I've found.

Ken
thanks... they do have some great prices... I am now trying to find out when they are going to get some blue cathodes in stock because that is what i want... I may even order some fans and new drive cables from them.
Thanks man
Godcandy

GodCandy said:

thanks... they do have some great prices... I am now trying to find out when they are going to get some blue cathodes in stock because that is what i want... I may even order some fans and new drive cables from them.
Thanks man
Godcandy

Running out of stock is one problem they seem to have a lot - must be nice to sell that much product. I have also ordered a CPU hsf and fans from them, and I've been happy so far.

Glad to be of help.

Ken

Back