• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how long should i run memtest86 for?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

im trying to rule out my ram as a possibility of causing prime to fail. it failed after 6hrs of 9x200. i have had it at 12.5x195 on my 8rda+. so i dont think 5 more mhz fsb would cause the ram to crap out. anyways how long should i run it? since it failed after 6hrs should i run it that long?

Last edited:
if you run memtest overnight it'll burn in your ram and actually make it go higher even though it couldn't do it before. Why not test it for errors and make it go higher at the same time.

-good luck

Yeah, sure, regardless of what Intel says.

All it'll do is help verify the memory, and with one module MemTest86 did't show any errors for four hours. This wasn't a glitch because the same error repeated a few hours later.

i've been running for 15hrs at 200fsb with 5,3,3 cas2 @2.7vdimm. when i was running prime i had it at 5,2,2 cas2. would changing it from 2 to 3 make any difference? should i run memtest with it at 2?

alright here are my findings. i can run 220fsb@ 5,2,2,2 with the two sticks in slots 2and3 and individually in 1 and indvidually in 3. I get a lot of errors on test 5 if i run them in 1and3 together. is there something wrong with my dimms on the motherboard. should i return it?

Back