• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S Onbaord Sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheCor4D

Just got this mobo the other day, got it all set up, running it right now. Have the latest bios, have the latest drivers for everything, but the onboard sound does not work. I have tested my speakers directly with my mp3 player, but when i plug it into the jack on the back, it does not work. Has anyone had any problem like this?
Thanks

No one has any info on this? I have been looking all over the place, on google, on google news groups, on abit's forums, on the faq, i sent them an email (still waiting), i just can't find anything. I hope that i dont have to send the board back in...

Plug your headphones or stereo rig into the green jack. If that's dead then try reinstalling the sound drivers. Stay away from the 2.4x drivers as they're borked.

Mine works great.

If the green jack gives nothing then id look on the mobo for jumpers that might be set wrong (use your manueal) but if not then id setup an rma.

I have tried all the jacks, with headphones, with speakers, and nothing. I have tried all drivers, and nothing. I decided that I should just put in a card, and i happend to find my old creative 5.1 live sitting around. So now it has that. I might try to RMA the board back to newegg, but this is the only comp I have, that is the last resort, and i might just forget about it. Oh well, everything else is sweet :)

What OS are you running? I had problems with W98 on the original nForce1 boards and the sound had to be added manually. XP and W2K run great.

Back