• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7D - L Check Out PICS, everyone has lsot the right to complain about their temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JimmyK

K7D - L Check Out PICS, everyone has lsot the right to complain about their temps

I have intakes of 101 cfm and exhausts of about 85 cfm

It is idealy cooled, room temp is at 74+ yet case, mobo and 1 processor stays VERY cool. I have taken pics at a core setting of 1.6 or 1.625v I forget now

and SK-7 thermalright heatsinks with 34 cfm 80mm fans.

do you see those temps? WHAT IS GOING ON!! Arctic silver 3 is in full effect northbridge has a huge and bad *** heatsink on it.

This is more frustrating then you can imagine, both heatsinks FEEL exactly the same in temperature to the touch.

I have reseated the high temp heatsink twice.

Long story short before todays upgrade I was running 8 dollar speeze heatsinks on the EXACT same setup and getting temps of 40-55 C

temps1.jpg

cooling.jpg

wow, some sort of bug? has to be, your comp seems very well cooled, either that or the thing that determines the temp broke

i think it is just your temp monitor being cooky. If it was truely at 84*C the chip would most likely be dead. Do a little expierment and touch the "cool" cpu's heatsink and then touch the "hot" cpu's heatsink. If it is really 84*C you will be able to feel the difference.

one more thing I switched the heatsinsk from cpu1 to cpu 2 and vice versa

still EXACT SAME anomally temps

Hey felals thx for teh quick response, X2 I stated in the first post the exact thing you recommedned and found no difference.

jsut frustrating taht 1.5 months ago when I was running stock 1700MP's at the EXACT same voltage the temps were at 42-46 celsius, I wish it hadnt worked properly in the beginning because then I wouldnt have cared but since it did its buggin the HECK outta me

42-46 is still pretty high, thats my load and my HSF is really bad :(
if your talking about that being your load, my bad :) yet again, 84!!! :S

UPDATE

EVERYTHING FIXED

BOTH TEMPS EXACTLY THE SAME!

Hawky, thx for yoru input but your comparing apples and oranges. not even talking about the difference between heat generation of singles and duals...

I just played around with heatsinks fan shims everything for 3 hours, wow did I learn a lot ONE TINY mistake and the temps would be anywhere from 5-35 degreees C apart. Finally I just did it properly and look at these temps. They were reading correct initially I was actaully runnign the chip at 85 C!!! and it didnt fry

Processor 1 & 2 at 40 & 41 under FULL load running 2 instances of prime, now thats a nice change :)

love.jpg

I'm a bit slow in understanding I guess but ehh....
Does this mean your heatsinks whern't fitted properly?

Just asking.
I've got some problems with temps on one of me own rigs here too.
The temps are under 55C stressed but I thought it should be colder. And I'm to lazy to go investigate.

WTF was wrong? I would be afraid the chip is going to die early now. I have a 60C shut off setup on the mobo , doesn't yours have something like that?

Fast420A:
I turned off all the warnings and shut off protocols because I honestly belived that the readings were just completely innaccurate.

Dansonang:
thx you should see it with the side intake/ clear window on and the nexus rheous

Yarr:
see thats the whole thing I KNOW it was seated properly I mean heck I have been doing this for over 8 years of my life, built over 30 custom systems easy, and changed over 100-200 heatsinks I bet.

one thing I did do was I noticed that the motherboard was sitting on those lil gold studs in the case and I removed the motherboard and found that there were 2 gold studs under the high temp cpu (they were in there from before and I never removed them when I put in my new mobo) that MAY have been making contact with the leads underneath the processor.

but I doubt that could have been it right? I just dont know

I tried one last time around 5:30 am reseated the heatsinks slid them all the way back to one side of the clip and WITHOUT the fan onthe HS turned on the pc went to bios and BOOM 39 degrees C processor 1 and 2

go figure, dont know what it was or even why, but thats my story.

right now running at 1.625 volts 2250 megahertz IE 2800+ 15x150 prime95 20+ hours at 46C

last nights pic it was at 2.0 gigahertz with 1.475 volts that is why they were at 40 and 41 C

Back