• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some good *cheap* heatsink/fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R3v3lation

Registered
What are some good heatsinks that don't cost much? I've never bought a heatsink before(using stock one still) so I dunno how much to expect to pay.

edit: and I don't care about noise. :)

heh :) there, mines better now. :D Whereabouts in oregon? I'll try to dig up some links to a couple good sinks for ya

I'm in portland. I think I'm finally gonna upgrade enough to start Ocing... I tried a while ago, never got past 1.5ghz(using a 1.4 tbird) or so and it still wasn't stable on the hotter days in summer so I've kept it at default since then.

I'm not sure how cheap you mean, but I purchased a svc-gc68 for like $2.00 a few months back. Its not copper (all aluminum), but it comes with an 80mm fan. I lapped mine and threw on a higher cfm fan and have had no problems with temperatures. If you want to spend more than that I'd agree that the sk-6 is pretty sweet.

Back