• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me decide sometin!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bubba gump

Okay, my birthday is coming up soon (June 9th :D) and I'm building my parents a rig a bit after it, and im replacing my mobo for sure with a Soltek 75FrN2-RL. The mobo i have currently is an EPoX 8k3ae

My two options are....

a) get the m7vkq (biostar) for the parents rig AND the soltek, and then sell my old 8k3ae

or

b) only get the soltek board for my bday, and then use my old 8k3ae for the parents rig

I already have an old sound card + a 2mb matrox card that still works, so i may just end up not getting the biostar, but im still not sure which way to go, so i come to you people :)

Thanks
'Bubba

Just upgrade yours and move the epox over to your parents. Biostar are known to be poor overclockers if overclockable at all. You'll probably be able to overclock the two cpus better on those two board than and get a higher total mhz speed of the two rigs = better folding performance. Get the Biostar and one of your CPU wont be able to perform to it's max potential.

it could be me but trading the 8k3ae for a biostar just doesnt make sense. THeir good for yatta farms but the 8k3a is a better board keep it.

Ya, your right i forgot about the overclocking facts....coz im throwing a 1.4tbird that i got from Kendan in there, and now that I think about it, it...

Thanks for the input :D

Back