• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

desktop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpliT71

how do you make it so the color on behind the icons are just like see through and no set color this is ****in me off!!
untitled.JPG

'System Properties' | 'Advanced' tab | Under the 'Performance' field, click the 'Settings' button | 'Visual Effects' tab | Put a check mark in the second from last line, "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop." Don't use desktop content that enables Active Desktop, or the above transparency setting won't have any effect. ;)

I just got it and unzipped to a folder and it works great for w2k desktops.

Thanx Su Root.

Audioaficionado said:
I just got it and unzipped to a folder and it works great for w2k desktops.

Thanx Su Root.
:D
I use it to rotate my desktop wallpaper collection when I can't decide on a single wallpaper to use. Instead of the transparent icon background, I use the "analyze the background and use a suitable background color instead" option, on some backgrounds it's hard to read the icon text when it's transparent.

Mine won't let me change the text color but automaticly does it for me according to the wallpaper colors. So far it's done a good job. I like it much better than M$ default 'Active Desktop' scheme.

Back