• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AX-7/SLK? and tmd fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xtreme404

Hey guys, I am looking to upgrade my hs/fan. Right now I am running a volcano7 and getting roughly 49 idle, 56 load. That is way to high for me. I was wondering what you guys thought about the AX-7 compared to the new SLK's. I hear the AX-7 does a dam good job and is half the price of the new SLK. Also I am going with a new quiet theme cuz its way to loud right now. So you think I should go with a tmd fan and if so which one?? If I don't go with a tmd fan then I will go with the SF II.

THanks!!!!

Oh one more thing, Anyone have any experience with the areoflows on an AMD? I was thinking about the vantec one.

well read all the above posts aobut TMDs and see if you want to try them or not. I would suggest a smartfanII instead of an ax-7 i would reccomend an sk-7 for a few bux more since it is all copper and does a good job. Your not going to get slk performance from eitehr though. Here is a decent guide:
http://www.overclockers.com/articles373/

I agree with Zerileous. The SK-7 would do a much better job than an AX-7 (It only performs slightly better at around 10CFM). The SF2 is not the quietest fan, but it works nicely. TMD fans do get rid of that dead spot, and if you're not going to be running your tornado at full speed and the RPM at which you run it produces the same amount of CFM as a TMD fan, then go with a TMD fan as you'll have the same amount of airflow with less of a central dead spot. However, it will be a bit louder (though not as loud as the SF2 at full speed) since it will be 60mm or 70mm.

EDIT:
I just read the thread on TMDs so I have to say go with the SF2. I haven't experienced the TMDs firsthand, so I'll refer you to that thread:
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=201381

Last edited:
I really love the AX-7.

If you team it up with a nice led fan, it looks awesome and runs awesome.

I'd recommend that setup for performance and value.

AX-7 is indeed very good but It isnt as good as the sk-7

here in england there the same price so its a easy choice but in the usa i understand the ax is cheaper so it may offer more bank for your buck

Back