• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is the problem ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RIPUS

Registered
hi guy

i made test with my 1700+ palomino (i'm waiting for my tbred should be here tomorrow :) ) and found something weird.

This proc did'nt overclock well but ho care ? i'm waiting for the sun knocking at my door tomorow so i decide to made some test for hunderstanding more this P.O.S.

so, i push it a bit and test it with prime95. After 10 mins, my temp go to 51 and stay there. Then i said to myself "this is ok, could be better but it's ok"

So i test my hole system with Aida, Performance test and 3dmark 2001.

no problem with Aida. I start the Performance test then just when he start testing the 3d, my system reboot by himself. So i tough there's a bug with this program and try 3d mark. Same thing appen just in the middle of the hi resolution of Dragothic test (game 2). I try playing with voltage (mem, agp, chipset, core is at max 1.85) but everytime with the same result. So i start Ghost Recon and this one crash to. The only thing i saw is my core voltage drop a bit under prime95 (1.82-1.84 with peek at 1.81 and 1.86). At iddle, i got 1.84-1.86 and my 5V never moove even under prime95. I made memtest and see no error under 172 mhz and i'm now running at 155. So, i don't understand. if this one can andle prime95, how can he can't stand the 3d ???

Now, my system

NF7
MACRON MPT400
Kingston 333 512mb
ASUS Gforce 4 Ti4200 64mb 8X
fortissimo II
linksys 10/100
IBM GXP60 40 gigs
dvd
cdr-w

Someone got an idea about that ? i whant to understand because when i'm gonna receive my other proc, i'm gonna push it too and i don't whant to be in the same situation.

It is possible that you have a corrupted dll file that is only used by 3dmark. How long has it been since you did a clean install of windoz?

i formatted last week

my friends use to call me MR format :)

i never pass more then a month without formatting my drive. I try too many programs so i know the mess it does in the registry. Right now, i'm having about only 5 programs so i don't think the problem come from here.

nice try tough ;)

any other idea ?

Probably your power supply. My Turbolink 420 watt power supply wasn't enough to power my system in my sig. It would reboot when it was stressed (5v line dropped to the 4.8's also). System is now fine using an Antec Truepower 330 watt powersupply.

i tough too but when i run prime95, my 5V didn't moove. Is staying at 5.11 so thats why i tough the problem come from somewhere else.

i just flash the BIOS and got the same problem.

still waiting for my proc :(

Back