• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

case fans on heatercore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shan

can I use case fans for cooling the heatercore? cuz they are extremely quiet. I use 2 fans on the heatercore. is it good enough? (2 80mm case fan) .... are there any very quiet fans ? 80mm or 120mm, both are good. no more than 25 dBz

Yeah there are some quiet 120mm fans, like for example:
Vantec Stealth
Papst Fans

... Maybe some Panaflow models..

I think you'd be better off running 1 or 2 120mm's @ 7 volts, especially with a panaflo or papst

Depends on the heatercore. 86 Chevettes are just about the right size for 172mm's to fit so I can't see any reason to go with anything else (for damn near silence get the 235cfm 12v and 5v it, for twice the flow at a few dBA more get a 205cfm 24v and 12v it... or grab any 12v one and rheo it for control.) Naturally with a black ice micro you're going to be using an 80mm, etc... I say use the biggest fan that fits... bigger fans usually mean more flow and more pressure at less noise.

cool...I just attached my 4 80mm case fanz on my heatercore. it will start workin next Tues. Mon. I'll get my pump and waterblock. Tues. I will set them up~

Back