• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet explorer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJ

For some reason IE been taking 1min to load I have no idea why but I checked the event viewer out and this is the errors I get:

SAM failed to start the TCP/IP or SPX/IPX listening thread

service control manager:The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service depends on the following nonexistent service: LanmanWorkstation

DCOM...DCOM got error "The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion. " attempting to start the service BITS with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{4991D34B-80A1-4291-83B6-3328366B9097}

please help.....Rick

You didn't mention which OS you're running, so I'll assume it's W2K. I'll take an educated guess and say that "Client for Microsoft Networks" isn't installed. To install the Client for Microsoft Networks...

Start | Settings | Network and Dial-up Connections | Click "Local Area Connection" | Select "Properties" on the File menu | Click "Install" | Click "Clients", click "Add", click "Client for Microsoft Networks", and then click OK (this procedure adds the Client for Microsoft Networks to all network connections, not just the one you've selected). ;)

Well, this might not help your situation, but.. I had a problem with IE taking ages to load. I found out the problem, someone had run Kazaa on my work machine while I was on vacation (someone's kid), and there was a spyware/adware program that was slowing everything down. Ad-aware took care of it.

THanks for the replies ....I just did a clean install got tired of screwing with it....Rick

Back