• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Error 1075: the dependency service does not exist

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

janinesb78

Please can anyone help I run miscrosoft xp and am not able to connect to my network any more since I did a reg clean and fix and when I try and start up the service it gives me.
Cannot start the network connection service on local computer.
Error 1075: the dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.

You have options -

Using the 'registry cleaner' restore the registry to the point before you ran it. It should have made a backup of the regisrty.

There are other ways to restore the registry with out reloading the Operating System but require more knowldge and time than it would take to reload the Operating System.

So if the registry cleaning program didn't back up your registry before 'cleaning it' you will have to reload the OS.

I don't normally use reg cleaners just for this reason, another one is poking around in the regisrty with out knowing what the effects are wil cause the OS to crash. (FIY)

Hope this helps...

Back