• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows sometimes doesnt boot into OS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DSM4Life

I posted this before and no one could figure it out can you help me. I tried looking more into cant find it. Sometimes windows will shows the splash screen then blue bars, bars stop moving then the system reboots itself and repeats this over and over again. I went into even viewer and got these . I am still trying to find out where these errors are ocurring its been mind wrenching cause i cannt find them :bang head :bang head
errors :
11:49:28PM DCOM 10005 SYSTEM
11:49:14PM DCOM 10005 SYSTEM
9:19:54PM Service Control Manager 7026 N/A
9:19:54PM Service Control Manager 7001 N/A

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10005
Date: 4/22/2005
Time: 12:02:53 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: GHOST
Description:
DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7026
Date: 4/21/2005
Time: 9:19:54 PM
User: N/A
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
AFD
AmdK8
ATITool
Fips
IPSec
MRxSmb
NetBIOS
NetBT
RasAcd
Rdbss
SAVRTPEL
SPBBCDrv
SYMTDI
Tcpip

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event ID: 7001
Description:
The IPSEC Services service depends on the IPSEC driver service which failed to start because of the following error:
A device attached to the system is not functioning.

yeah it happened before when i went to SP2. I uninstalled and reformatted and was using SP1 then upgraded after a bit but backing up after every update and rebooting.At first it was working fine. Then I did a small mod to the bootscreen i took away the splash in an attempt to speed boot up then decided i would just leave it added it back and BAM problem came right back.

Mate,

Are you overclocked? What are your BIOS settings?

These look like the signs of windows corruption. Do you get the same errors after a system restore?

yes i tried restoring before i did this little boot trick and still no luck. I am over clocked a little , CPU only at 2.4 (stock 2.0) Not a big deal in my book but i had the same problems at Manf specs.

now i did notice one thing that i am going to look into. I remember reading that BlackViper said to use the servicve.something instead of msconfog to disable startup programs which i use. I noticed that in the one error was ATITool which from msconfig was disabled but not from the service panel that was recommened. I am going to go back and test that next.

ATITool is not a service. Its just another process. You can safely disable it from msconfig. Don't follow BlackViper's advice exactly. Instaead of disabling many services he tells you to, just set them to manual.

Try bumping the mem voltage to 2.8V.

help i am in more trouble now. I went to 2.8v did the same thing, my latency was 3-3-8-3 so i tryed setting to 2-2-7-3 with the 2.8V and now the montor stays in sleep mode (not getting signal) , What would casuse this ? I figure resetting the CMOS settings would reset all my BIOS settings to default right ?? i tried jumping that but still no luck. What can i do now ?

this morning still nothing what can i do guys ? When i turn on monitor gets no signal and i cannot hear the computer "beep" for post. ???????????????

Make sure you reset the CMOS properly, it doesn't sound like you did it. Not getting signal can be related to: video card not in all the way, ram timings too tight, fsb too high, etc.

ok i got that , it was in such a tigh spot for my hand to get in there i think when i put it back it was just on pin one and the other just hanging off. I reset and we are good as new. But now i still have my orginal problem. :rolleyes:

Mate,

What chips are on that memory? What is the SPD (Default timings) on that RAM?
You could try 2.5-3-3-8 first. If I remember correctly, your board goes upto 2.9V. Try 2.9V with these timings and see what happens. What are the other settings in your BIOS (CPU and Video card)?

DSM4Life said:
I posted this before and no one could figure it out can you help me. I tried looking more into cant find it. Sometimes windows will shows the splash screen then blue bars, bars stop moving then the system reboots itself and repeats this over and over again. I went into even viewer and got these . I am still trying to find out where these errors are ocurring its been mind wrenching cause i cannt find them :bang head :bang head
errors :
11:49:28PM DCOM 10005 SYSTEM
11:49:14PM DCOM 10005 SYSTEM
9:19:54PM Service Control Manager 7026 N/A

Computer:
Description:
DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:

Description:
AFD
AmdK8
ATITool
Fips
IPSec
MRxSmb
NetBIOS
NetBT
RasAcd
Rdbss
SAVRTPEL
SPBBCDrv
SYMTDI
Tcpip

Description:
The IPSEC Services service depends on the IPSEC driver service which failed to start because of the following error:

Known issue:

If you boot Windows XP in safe mode, then when you boot Windows XP in normal mode after coming out of safe mode, you will get the following error messages in the event log:

Computer:
Description:

Date:
Time:
Computer:
Description:
AFD
IPSec
MRxSmb
NetBIOS
NetBT
RasAcd
Rdbss
Tcpip

Date:
Time:
Computer:
Description:

The above is a Windows XP bug.

K a bug it is then. I talked to a guy at work so its comfirmed in my eyes. Thanks guys i guess i will put up with it for now.

You might have something in the boot sector of your HD. Maybe a piece of hardware that was uninstalled. Usually there is a setup program that comes with your HD (Maxblast for WD, Ontrac for Quantum...), if you don't have it, check HD manufacturer web site.. Try to find the program to clear the boot sector of yer HD. (any suggestions OC'rs?) I usually Zero fill the HD. It takes forever but it wipes the boot sector. Then I let Win XP format the drive.
You install at stock speeds, right? I have a Raedon 9200 card that gave me the out of range, no signal problem. I had to boot in safe mode and change the res. I believe that has somting to do with the monitor limitations. If you can't get in safe mode then this offers little help. These thoughts are just my opinion, hope it might help.
Good Luck, :attn:
Killa

Just for a warning, some symptoms may be because of your BIOS not saving the Vcore setting you selected.

When that occurs, then even when Windows isn't corrupted, it may display the message about a file being missing or corrupted, such as:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NTOSKRNL.EXE

or similar.

When the Vcore gets put back to where you had it, then Windows is fine.

Repeated rebooting can also be caused by the BIOS not saving your Vcore setting.

Back