• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sticky Clean up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
..is exaclty what we need. I'm calling for a vote of what stickies we can remove.

I vote to kill these stickies:

Milestone Thread: we can see these on the Extreme stats page and users generally post a thread if they're particularly proud of a milestone.

Head Count: Old news

New members post here: They generally post in the body of the forum, so let's not confuse them

What do we have folding: This thread is behind, out of date, and incorrect. When people add some Ghz, they generally post.

There's my votes. I even think we can delete the "How-to" on borging thread and put it into the FAQ thread...

What do you all think?

Wedo

what about 'the first rule about beta team'? can't we just put some mention of that in the general links/info?
good idea wedo :)

i vote for all but the New members tread.. the rest are pretty much useless as they have become out of date.

FOLD ON
NAS

Yeah, I think most of them can go - a forum isn't the ideal medium for much of what's being said. I think we should do a proper FAQ which can be updated as and when and just link to it from somewhere. How much have we got folding should be calculated if we have it at all, so when somebody changes their amount it updates the total. I think all we really need is a link to FAQ and one for Info for n00bs - if they don't see it then they won't bother reading the FAQ...

Could we make a subfolder for the how to, borging, and the milestone thread, and any other stickys that arent as needed anymore.

Sorry to thread jack, but Wedo!!! Where's that .reg file that used to be in the "borging how to"??!?!?!!??!!??? I really need it man!

NASsoccer said:
i vote for all but the New members tread..

"New members post here" thread is one of the best, I'd like to watch it grow and grow... :)

"How much we have got folding" is now outdated and Part 3 should be in order i think...

"Beta Team", "Get Permission" and "Borging" could all go into the General FAQ sticky.

Spee's "Head up". Hmm... :D

How about merge "New members" with the "milestone thread"?

There, now we have 2 or 3 stickies :)

Can go - What we have folding, This changes too frequently through upgrades, problems and such.

Add to FAQ - any instructional sticky past say a month old, unless it has only short term value then it can die naturally.

Pssst... J, Mr. B....

Can we get a sticky clean up? :D

We need a lean, mean, folding machine... er.. forums...

Wedo

Most of the useful ones can just be linked in the FAQ page. We should only need two or three stickies at the most. When they get stale like outdated food, it's time to pull 'em.

Back