• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what FSB is too high???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AL Romero

I just got my mobo back from warranty repair, BIOS craped out on me and I'm wondering what FSB is to high. Right now Im at 204x10.5 stable. The last time I tried for 202x10 BIOS crashed and I couldnt get it to recover so I sent it in for repair. Should I keep goin up with the bus speed until it stops booting or work with the multi now. Also my vcore is low at 1.625 and temps are at an ultra low 32 idle and 40 on load at 78F room temp.

I would go as high as the components will allow stable and leave it at that. I never heard of a rom chip getting messup from overclocking but then again anything could go wrong. 200fsb is a decent number so if you dont go to much higher you should not feel bad cuase thats a respectable fsb.

not sure what rom chip is but my mobo came back with a different BIOS chip in it and before I sent if off it wouldnt boot, not even into BIOS. Just a black screen with the fans going.

Back