• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wanting to OC but.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xaeron

According to my board my CPU is hovering around 50C with a stock HSF. The ambient temp of my room is 79F. I've heard that these abit boards don't read temps right. Up to 20C off. Is there any truth in what I've heard?

i seen alot of threads about this, does anyone know how much my GA-6VTXE-A screws up the temp?

Xaeron said:
According to my board my CPU is hovering around 50C with a stock HSF. The ambient temp of my room is 79F. I've heard that these abit boards don't read temps right. Up to 20C off. Is there any truth in what I've heard?

it's normal for abit. I have a 92mm fan with a slk900u, and when i boot up, i have 75c cpu temp, but that's with no fans running yet except for the cpu so pretty much i have no case cooling yet. It was just a testbootup as i'm building this new rig. ABit is prone for the temps reading anywhere from 10-15c above normal temps. I've even seen it where a guy had like 70-80c cpu temp, and then he tested with his thermal probe and it showed like a 40c cpu temp.

Back