• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shroud for BIX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SilverArrow

Registered
I had a Black Ice extreme for some time, but I have neither the time, nor the skill to build a shroud myself. Does anyone know where I can get a pre-built one? Thanks in advance.

i want a double shroud for bix2 using either 4 papst or 4 aluminum evercool fans modded to 7v in a pushpull config also but the problem i see is that most shrouds i have seen that are pre made are not deep enough and have the fan situated to close to rad to do any good . 1cm~2cm sitance just isnt enough .

so i wouldalso like to know if anyone knows of a pre fab shourd for bix/bix2 and hopefully it will be 3~4cm high

:D Thank you! I've been looking for one of those. Now to get it shipped to the USA...Have you ordered from them? Do you just send them an email?

EDIT: Now I see...It seems they only ship to Australia :(

Last edited:
"How to make your own shroud for ANY Black Ice rad"

Grab a handfull of MB standoff screws. These come in different types, find the ones that can be screwed together.

Screw one into all the holes on the rad on the side you want the shroud (or both)

Keep adding "layers" until the height you want, mine is about 3 cm

Secure the fan(s) using normal screws

Add tape around the gap to turn it into a shroud.

DONE!

Back