Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Video Cards > General GPU
General GPU
Forum Jump

Is the Hercules Game Theater XP 6.1 any good?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 06-20-03, 09:09 AM Thread Starter   #1
Ununquadium114
Disabled

Is the Hercules Game Theater XP 6.1 any good?

Im thinking of getting one for $50 shipped, & Im not sure of how good it is. Any reviews or comments? Thanks
Ununquadium114 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-20-03, 09:19 AM   #2
madsam

Re: Is the Hercules Game Theater XP 6.1 any good?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ununquadium114
Im thinking of getting one for $50 shipped, & Im not sure of how good it is. Any reviews or comments? Thanks
i had one, and i was more impressed with the sound of my s.b.extigy, so, i sold the game theater xp for 70 bucks to a friend......since then, i seem to miss the convienient usb's on the box, and the good headphone amplifier it has. i also wish i had that port for my joystick too.....my motherboard doesn't have a game port....he he

so, i miss my gtxp, but i will never get rid of the extigy, unless i go with a better card some day.

i found that the gtxp's sound was great for gaming, and even for movies, but not so great with music, so, this will depend on what you will need the sound card for. are you into music exclusively, or are you maybe a hardcore gamer?

i would also like to add that i would gladly pay 50 bucks for the GTXP...just to have one again...50 bucks seems like a deal.

download the latest drivers, and it is a gtxp 7.1
madsam is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-20-03, 09:50 AM   #3
DarkArctic

10 Year Badge

I love mine, I think this is the best sound card I've had the pleasure of using. The rack is extremely convenient for headphones and USB ports. The sound quality is great and the utility for the GameTheater is simple but very useful. I'd say for $50 this would be an excellent buy.

-DarkArctic

"Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had."
-Linus Torvalds

My Heatware | Overclockers.com Front Page | Folding for Team 32 | You Are Here

DarkArctic is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-20-03, 11:50 AM Thread Starter   #4
Ununquadium114
Disabled

im jsut going to use it as an upgrade from my onboard p4c800 sound
Ununquadium114 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-20-03, 02:00 PM   #5
nealric

I have one, its honestly the best soundcard Ive ever had.

It really reduces clutter around the computer by moving my stero wires away from it, and the sound quality is wonderful.

Old 06-20-03, 02:11 PM   #6
Dc5e

i have one, but since my desktop is dead, i can't use it. But i love it anyways, its great! The External box is sweet, and 7.1 is pretty cool. i paid around $100 for mine, but for $50 thats a great deal. I've never really had any problems with it. One thing i didn't like is that you must have the box in order to have any sound, it makes traveling more tedious. For $50 i'd definatly go for it

Geforce GTX260 Core216
Dc5e is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Video Cards > General GPU
General GPU