• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could I get some help putting together a intel system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vexx

I was going to get a AMD system and still might.. but a P4 looks like I will be able to upgrade better in the future. I'm on a buget of 1000$ to 1100$. I don't need a Monitor, Keyboard, Modem, and Speakers. Also I don't really need great sound or anything just something Geniric. I tried www.cyberpowerinc.com but I have no idea what Motherboard to get and what ram... I was planing on getting the 2.4ghz P4 for now and OC it.. Help greatly needed and thanks in advance :D

$1000 - $1100 is a pretty good budget to build your own rig.

Case $50-75 (I just ordered an Enermax $81 shipped)
Fortron 350w ps $37 shipped
P4 2.4c $176
Asus p4p800 deluxe $145
WD 80 gb hd $85
*9800 Pro $400 (if you play a lot of games)
*Ti4200 $110 (if you play games occasionally)
CD/RW 52x $50
DVD drive $40
Floppy $10

I'll hold off on memory recommendations as I'm still in the middle of trying to get good memory. It should be around $100-$300 depending on how much memory and what type.

You can get an Abit IS7-E at Newegg for $99 shipped and there have been a lot of happy guys with that board.

-Bobby

i'd suggest a 400W supply minimum no matter the maker. especially if you decide to go for the 9700pro or 9800pro.

Maxvla said:
i'd suggest a 400W supply minimum no matter the maker. especially if you decide to go for the 9700pro or 9800pro.

I'd agree but the Fortron 350w was rated at 440w in a recent review of power supplies. That's what I have and I'm running a ton of stuff off it now w/o problems.

-Bobby

Bobby said:

I'd agree but the Fortron 350w was rated at 440w in a recent review of power supplies. That's what I have and I'm running a ton of stuff off it now w/o problems.

-Bobby
sure i agree. i've run my rig off a 300W fortron before no problem. but its better to be safe than sorry.

You can't go wrong with the new OCZ 3700 Dual Channel Gold Edition. I've been running it with my new system and I think it's great.

Back