• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some general HELP...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD'er

Ok this could be a number of probelms but don't where to post it....

as of lately my computer has been going wackyo on me...I am overclocked (was running 202*11.5) vcore 1.85...every now and then my monitor would go WHITE< with red lines in there...mouse would appear on the screen as 2 black lines as if I was running some type of 3DMARK test or something...then it would lock up the computer.....

so I decided to back the overclock down....up the Vdimm on my HyperX 3500 and still...it did it again.....I check the temps which seemed to be pretty decent....

others have said it may be the monitor but if the monitor goes out that wouldn't cause the PC to crash.

so I took a look at the Asus Probe and notice that my voltages were chaning alot...ex: suppose to be runing at 1.85 but it drops back and forth between 1.82-1.85

this started me wonderng if it was the powersupply....so if you have any suggestions let me know thanks.

the probe statest that the CPU temp is 37 but bios is reading it at 45 and the motherboard temp is reading 25C...

its some no name power supply

My prediction is either video card or power supply. got any spare parts to switch out? Is your video card overclocked?

Back