• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP3200 please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fers66

Hi.....
i have a ABIT KX7-333R and and a friend give me a XP3200 as a gift......
there's any way to use this CPU with my mobo?
i don't have money to buy a new mobo
:(

Thanks for any info....
and sorry for my bad english

You can use the chip with that motherboard, since the chip will just be underclocked. The 3200+ has a 400FSB, your chipset does 333, so running @ the max for the board should be ok for the CPU.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Thanks!
but what settings i must use? (FSB/ PCI Divider, etc)
can i put 200mhz in FSB since my memos can do that?

Just a sec, reading up on yor motherboard - edit soon

EDIT ok found your manual

First I would flash your BIOS with the latest version - http://www.abit-usa.com/downloads/bios/bios_revision1.php?categories=1&model=32 for extra CPU support. it may not support the Barton officially but it probably will do it anyway.

Then I would go into the BIOS and set the FSB to 166Mhz. This is the fastest it is supposed to go and as it is a "standard" setting there is a 1/5 divider on the motherboard. Make sure that you have PC2700 or better RAM or try setting the DRAM frequency to 133 if it isn't up to spec.

Last edited:
Ok
:)
Thanks man
i have the last bios.... and 2x 256mb CORSAIR PLATINUM SERIES XMS 3200 (400mhz)
i will try 170fsb + 1/5

good luck, that gives a slightly overclocked PCI bus but I reckon everything will handle it. I :drool: over your RAM - hoping to get me some like that myself

the barton will not totally be crippeled by your board since it still has the extra cache.....so running it at 133 fsb still wouldn't be too bad :D....as soon as you can get yourself an nforce2 or via board.....might I suggest the CHAINTECH Motherboard for AMD Processors, Model# 7NIL1-SUMMIT NFORCE2/MCP u-ATX- for $69 which will last you a very long time and is a very good board for the price.....also is you want some ram then you can get some GEIL 256MB PC-3200 (400MHz) DDR RAM, 6 Layer Ultra Low Noise Shielded PCB, 32x8 Low Density/Unbuffered, Model# GE2563200 for $42 which is really good also....both at newegg......but untill then just make do with what ya got...and good luck :D

Back