• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

have yours done this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarhead7236

i don't think the pad covering the L2 is hurting anything but i'm gonna remove and try to put these back in their places when my new hsf, as3 and as ceramique get here...plus, i'll be putting in my 0319WPMW...

1056862581_sliding_pads.jpg

1056862677_sliding_pads2.jpg

the temps never read higher than 63C during burn in....maybe just crappy adhesive on the pads...

63*C......you dont call that hot? gawd...with mine, i consider 36*C hot...(unless my temp reading are off, but they are around what others claim)

yeah, it's hot but i know my hsf ain't doing it's job so hopefully, my new one will.....

Yup, looks like it was running too hot.

I run mine @ about 50° C and I haven't seen that. Although, I haven't taken the heatsink off in about 6 months.

Wow, melted the glue. I would think that getting a new cooling solution is a good idea wen the CPU gets that hot. :p

yeah, guess what?.. the pad movement put them under the copper core of my V9 (since replaced by SK7 w/TMD fan...so far, so good.) and was keeping the HSF from getting full contact...so that's why the temps were up 2C's...also put in my 0319WPMW...Folding at stock settings right now...gonna up it in a couple of hours to see if the TMD fan's gonna do the job...or swap it with the SF2 off my V9...right now at 40C, steady, Folding for the last 20 minutes.....

running 200X11 at 1.5V......folding now....we'll see how long this lasts at 1.5V

Last edited:
Back