• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR500 and a A New Goal...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spanko

According to this Kingston is releasing PC4000(DDR500) ram.

http://www.kingston.com/hyperx/default.asp

There is also a press release about it at hardocp. I am wondering what AMD mobos are capable of 500mhz Sync Dual Channel. Im thinking maybe a 8rda3+ at 2.0 VDD, or a modded NF7-S Rev2 @ 2.0 VDD? I wonder how many people will get a tbred b or a barton to 500mhz and 100% Stable. My wallet is about to get ransacked :D

I will be tring my best to get to 500ddr or 250fsb with a tbred b 1700 or 2100 and a abit along with some winbond ram and hyperx3500. But if I hit 230fsb I'll be happy. If not i'll be modding.

I've already looked into the vdd, vdimm, psu, and chip mod's I will be doing to try and reach this goal.

Whew..... $112 per module! Good to see that ram and apparently you can "buy now", but BIG $$$. They are following Corsairs lead with relaxed timings:

500MHz (PC4000) 3-4-4-8-1 (CAS Latency 3)

Spanko said:
According to this Kingston is releasing PC4000(DDR500) ram.

http://www.kingston.com/hyperx/default.asp

There is also a press release about it at hardocp. I am wondering what AMD mobos are capable of 500mhz Sync Dual Channel. Im thinking maybe a 8rda3+ at 2.0 VDD, or a modded NF7-S Rev2 @ 2.0 VDD? I wonder how many people will get a tbred b or a barton to 500mhz and 100% Stable. My wallet is about to get ransacked :D

it wouldnt be hard at all, i dont think

just lower the multiplier, and upp the fsb

or change the divider

i had my corsair ddr400 at 416 mhz earlier i think it was 416 give or take

on my nf7-s 2.0

I think OCZ is still on top of the game.. They released DDR 500 with much tighter timings than Kingston's, and the OCZ PC4200 is coming!

Back