• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

corsair twinx pc3200c2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

one-silence

any thoughts about this type of ram? i know corsair makes good quailty ram, but its been a while since ive upgraded my computer. im planning to get a soltek 75FRN2-RL or asus A7V8X deluxe. what everyoen opinion on fourm thinks about this type of ram on these 2 boards. im on a low budget for my upgrade. also what kind of ram would everyoen here recommend? thasnk in advance!

MY philosophy with memory (and there are many besides mine) is that you should either pay for blazing speed or save lots of money.

If you feel like paying for blazing speed, the OCZ 3700 Gold, Corsair TWINX 3200LL, or Corsair should be your choices. The LL is CAS 2 just like the c2 model number, but the rest of the timings are tighter.

My point is, if you're going to get Corsair memory, get the best Corsair memory.

EDIT: I changed my mind. See further posts.

Last edited:
i would spend alot of money on ram, but at the moemnt im on a low budget upgrade. i have lawyer fees and debts to pay off. i recently just ordered a new fortron 350 PSU. all i have is enough for soltek SL-75FRN2-RL and for some corsair twinx pc3200c2 512. later im lookign into the 1700xp b version or maybe a 2500xp barton. currently im going to stick with my 1.3 t-bird chip on the soltek. its a good overclocker for the mean time. highest i went with it was 1.6-1.7ghz maybe higher with better cooling and PS. so i really dont have much to spend..

i have to agree with jkeef

btw companies like corsair ( which is really micron ) are good because the root company that makes the chips uses the same spec and tolerance for the rest of the module so there is less veriance and higher dependability.
so when looking for ram if you do a little search and check which companies fab the chips AND the rest of the modual you will usualy find a solid ram ( USUALY)

one-silence said:
i would spend alot of money on ram, but at the moemnt im on a low budget upgrade. i have lawyer fees and debts to pay off.
If you're trying to save money, Corsair memory is not the way to go. Try Buffalo some modules with Winbond chips.

doesnt the the 2 modules chips have toi be the same? i heard that the nf2 cihp set is very picky about the modules not being identical.m i laready decided that im going for soltek 75frn2-rl already.

Sure, the modules should be the same, but if you buy two modules together, they will be the same - not exactly, but close enough. They might not overclock the same, though - that's a different story.

You can't go wrong with Corsair. It's just that it's very expensive. I have no experience with AMD or NF2 or soltek, so I won't comment specifically on that.

Ok, I changed my mind. Info at this thread shows that the Corsair LL was supposed to be 2-2-2-5, but it couldn't do that reliably, so it got changed to 2-3-2-6. I think 2-3-3-6 for almost 50 dollars cheaper for a 512MB stick is worth the price drop.

But, Bufallo is still cheaper.

JKeefe said:
Ok, I changed my mind. Info at this thread shows that the Corsair LL was supposed to be 2-2-2-5, but it couldn't do that reliably, so it got changed to 2-3-2-6. I think 2-3-3-6 for almost 50 dollars cheaper for a 512MB stick is worth the price drop.

But, Bufallo is still cheaper.

OK, we all know bufallo is cheaper but why is it that cheap? Each module they sell $50 less multipled by the total sold and you have quite a bit of cash lost. If it was as good or better then Corsair etc, why wouldn't they sell it at least a bit higher?
Anyone here know why they sell it that cheap?
Corsair isn't THAT expensive anymore, cheaper then mushkin etc. I know ddr2 is just around the corner so i just purchased a regular stick of XMS3200C2 for an excellent price, 200Mhz at 2.0-5-2-2 is all I need for the time being ;) .
If you gonna stress your system to the max, go spend the $$$ for 3700DDR ram, i wouldn't.

New2me said:
OK, we all know bufallo is cheaper but why is it that cheap? Each module they sell $50 less multipled by the total sold and you have quite a bit of cash lost. If it was as good or better then Corsair etc, why wouldn't they sell it at least a bit higher?
Anyone here know why they sell it that cheap?
It isn't better - it's worse. It has higher latencies, and as such has a lower price. You pay less money for less of a product.

The reason a lot of people reccomend Buffalo is that it sells just as cheaply as some of the Apacer, All Components, Generic, etc. crap, but it is actually a quality product (as long as you get it with Winbond chips).

Back