• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best way to put a heatsink on a Geforce Ti4200 8x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimreaper

Any help or ideas would be appreciated...
I have a Geforce 4200 8x and the heat sink doesn't cover the ram chips- and i want to overclock it seriously. What would be the best way to build either a custom heatsink or get sufficient cooling?

Jimreaper

Well, ramsinks are nice. Just cut up an old heatsink you have laying around, use a hack saw. If you dont have either, just buy some. Use Artic Alumna epoxy. It wont come off, but hey, why would you ever need them off anyway? Also, you might consider buying a socketA heatsink and putting it on your gpu.

Get some thermaltake copper ramsinks for the ram modules, and glue them to the ram with arctic alumina adhesive.

As for the GPU itself, as yuriman states, get a socket A cooler, a nice 1U copper based one, and glue it to the GPU with arctic silver adhesive.

Worked for me...

Cheers, Flix

Yeah, i tried gluing the heatsinks to the ram and my vid card crapped out- i hope that AOPen doesn't test it to carefully---or i'm screwed. Was i supposed to glue the 'ram sinks directly onto the ram chips- and on both sides? And what's the difference between artic apoxy and other adhesives?
Thanx guys....

Back