• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9100 causing reboots.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr_Pringle

Registered
Hi,
I got a radeon 9100. On my Pentium III 866MHz it doesn't have any issues. On my friends AMD XP 2100 it caused the system to do a hard reboot (if that is what its called)

He had a Geforce 4 Ti 4200 and I wanted to see what mine would run like if I got a new comp, so I tried the card in his system. He didn't uninstall his nvidia drivers, just took out the card and installed the catalyst 3.5 drivers.

I encountered the following problems.
Enter the Matrix rebooted the computer before the menu came up. Tried it a second time and the game worked for about a minute or so, then the game exited straight to windows for no apparent reason.

Tried 3DMark2001SE with the patch. On the first test it made the system reboot twice. Generally a few seconds after the test started.

Is this a problem with the card?

On my computer enter the matrix will sometimes randomly exit for no reason, but the system never reboots. Another thing is I can play the game for ages on my comp and it usually runs fine.

I think the card is overheating. My friend's case has 4 case fans the the video card has a fan (of course). the card was also operating at it's default clock speeds.

Last edited:
Back