• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp2400!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skulls

Registered
i just buy a athlonxp 2400 and it is a green core ,it is not supposed to be brown??
AXDA2400KV3C
AIUHB0324XPPDW

it is a palomino or tbred b ???

with stock hsf ,what temperature can i get ???? i`ll 42* on load,any idea ???

Even if I would also recommend staying under 50C load, most of the local shop here and prolly most local shop that sell computer to normal persons (no geeks here :p), they often get on the 50-60C range. I also never heard that a pc died while being in that range... However, don't expect any overclock at that speed...

eus said:
Even if I would also recommend staying under 50C load, most of the local shop here and prolly most local shop that sell computer to normal persons (no geeks here :p), they often get on the 50-60C range. I also never heard that a pc died while being in that range... However, don't expect any overclock at that speed...

It may not die but it maybe very annoying to have hard lockups everytime you do something intense e.g. Play games :(

A lot of home users seem to have huge heat problems because there's a huge amount of dust build up and the thermal paste people use are bad, so therefore, everything is out of place.

I would really recommend you staying near 40 load if you're overclocking just for the sake of it to give yourself some head room.

i have a green 2400+ which i bought a week ago and it said it was manufactured in march of 2003 so i am pretty sure mine is a thourobred-b, i cant check now since i am having probs with my comp and dont have an OS but if its new it might be a t-bred and maybe AMD just needs to get rid of green dye.

Constantinos: The Palomino core was stopped after the 2100, so you can rule that out. Recently AMD seems to have been re-producing the t'bred A cores...but since yours was made in March, it is probably a t'ber B core.

skulls: It is hard to say what your full load temperature will be without knowing the ammount of airflow on your case, etc... And even with that information we couldnt really give a good, educated guess. I tend to not trust the stock AMD heatsinks...they do not do a good job of getting heat off the CPU. I would suggest looking at a Thermalright SK-7 and a good high CFM fan for that CPU. The SK-7 goes for around $20, and a good fan can be found for $10 (i personally like the Thermaltake Smart Fan 2). That is the best performing mid-range heatsink/fan combination that you can get by far, and will give you some more headroom with your overclock.

Back