• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firewall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxwell Murder

Every time I try to send something over AIM it says that me and my friends are under a firewall. But none of us are. We all run around routers though. Is there any way I can go about disabling it?

Check and make sure(in the router settings) that your IP addresses are in the DMZ. My friend and I have the same problem with AIM and connecting.

We had to go into our routers settings, and put each one of our workstations IP's in the DMZ. This lets us connect 95% of the time.

the router probably came with an ip that you can type in your browser in order to pull up the settings. its usually something like 192.168.x.x (1.1;2.1;1.2;etc) check your routers manual for that address and once you get in there should be an option for DMZ (De-Militarized Zone)[sp?]

once you get in check around it should be in there somewhere

I would also check to see if there is an updated firmware for the routers. I had this problem with MSN and a firmware update fixed the problem. Also make sure you have the most up-to-date AOL IM or whatever you may use. I prefer MSN to the rest because there is no limit set to the size of the filesthat can be transfered, I know Yahoo does this.

Tread

Yea we had the same issue with ALL of the chat programs. It was a pain in the you know what. This was the only thing that worked for us. We recently got a new router because we wanted our laptops to be wireless, and it has much better configuration options, and makes everything much much easier. Its a linksys btw.

Back