• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking an emachine's celeron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well...

no

see all oem machines are anti oc to the core just as much as a intel motherboard is.

Btw... this is intel specific so put it in the intel cpu area or one of the intel mother board sections. this area is for none amd or intel cpu type questions.

Gamefoo is right...

You can't overclock OEM machines since they got a special bios in them that doesn't allow them to be overclocked :( The heart of any overclocking machine is the motherborad, without it you can't do nothing, you can upgrade the rest of the parts but it'll be limitted because the quality of the motherboard isn't that great.

You could try those CPUFSB programs which will try to change the FSB of the CPU upon entering Windows, but that's the best you can do. :(

petery83 said:
i tried to figure out ways to overclock my old computer, which was an emachines with a celeron (366 though)...didnt work

tried it on a 433 as well...(software things too) and didnt work there either.

I was able to o/c using a hp. I only got an extra hz out of it:rolleyes: but it worked for the entire hour that it remained operational. It burned up shortly after.:mad: In my opinion it is not worth the effort. Just get a new mobo and start from there.

I thought i was the only one with a old E-machine laying around the house... I got a celeron 466 but never realy tried to upgrade it other then adding ram and vid card... honestly she still runs like a champ. ...but i would have never mentioned that on this forum <embarassed by falling into best buy and CC advertising trap>

Back