• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To all voltmoding gurus!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Hi there fellows, I have decided to voldmod my 9500np :) Following advice from numerous message boards and guides I bought adjusting resistances ( called potentiomeaters or something ) and a Volt meter. Thing is I have no idea how to measure V on my card?
Which pencil should I use and what should I do with the other one ( red and black )?
Will V be stable or will it fluctuate ?
How do I measure resistance on a pot ? Puting pencils on each leg of resistor ( left and right ) or one pencil on one leg and the other one on the chip pin ?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

I have that one bookmarked as well :)
Thing is I don't know how to measure Volts ( at all ) and resistance (after I have moded the card)...

I don't know how to use Volt meter that is my problem :( Anyone can help here ?

Melhisedek said:
I have that one bookmarked as well :)
Thing is I don't know how to measure Volts ( at all ) and resistance (after I have moded the card)...

I don't know how to use Volt meter that is my problem :( Anyone can help here ?

Read the instructions that came with the VM. And yes you do need to measure the resistance of the variable resistors in order to set them according to the specs of the volt mod your doing.

To measure the resistance, set the meter to read ohms(symbol that looks like a horseshoe). Resistance must be set on the vr's prior to wiring them up as you will not be able to read the true resistance afterwards.

To measure voltage, find the appropriate VM guide and it will show you the points on the card to read the voltages. NOW BE WARNED - EVEN READING VOLTAGES IS RISKY. YOU CAN EASILY SHORT ACROSS TWO POINTS AND KILL YOUR CARD.

Trust me I know. And shade00 is right, read and practice before trying on the real thing. Or, if Dad is loaded, then I guess it's not an issue.

In any event, good luck:p

Back