• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

POSEIDON "WCL-03" - Whacha thinking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iNSiGMA

Location: http://3rsystem.co.kr/english/product/cooler/wcl-03.asp

03_1.jpg

I really like how compact it is and the ease of installing it. I mean that thing looks like you can install it in under 5 minutes.

I already know what most of you are going to say about this:
"It's a piece of cheap sh*t"
".. Yawn..."
"one word: dangerden.com"

and a bunch of unnessesary flames. I searched both the forum and the net for some information on this thing. I didn't come up with anything. Anyway, why do I feel that the pump in this system will fail within a week of continuous use?

Another Question - I Plan to attach my copper waterblock to it's plexiglass top with some type of adheasive because there is no room for screws. All along I had been thinking I'd use JB-Weld to do this but what do you guys think about that?

Anyway I would like to know why all water cooling setups can't be this nice and compact?

LOL. I was wondering where the pump was too... And isnt' that a aluminum rad that'll go with your copper wb?

It's a piece of crap.
yawn
one word: dangerden.com

Actually... I'm just trying to push your buttons. That was what my Aunt Edna said to me when she was trying to get on my nerves. No... not, "push my buttons" but "one word: dangerden.com" I hated Edna. She also smelled like rubbing alchohol. I think she had a drinking problem.

In conclusion, I like the fact that they made their own radiator AND kept the whole package simple. As far as 'small and compact'... I should find the link to that guy that fit his entire WC setup AND computer within a little mini-itx case. Edna liked that case too.

well, out of all seriousness, it wont perform much better than aircooling if it does...

aircooling is pretty compact isnt it? maybe a little too compact for you? ;)

Jon

funny, very funny.

When I first saw it I thought there was no pump! lol, I didn't see one.

Anywho it will be intresting to see how long this thing can actually last. For starters you can put it in a duron and see if that lasts 24 hours :p

OH COMON man, Be serious, you don't know how well this system could perform. Don't spit stuff like that, it's so bias and one sided, you sound stupid talking like that.

I would like to see a review of it, but just by looking at it no one here would be willing to give it the light of day - most members are stuck on creating the perfect waterblock or some other sh*t.

I didn't ask for flames, I didn't ask you what would outperform it, I asked you why would the pump fail.

Oh it is. 3R System and Anahix are like partners. Ahanix handles north american sales and 3R Handles Asia...

Different product names and slightly different designs for each geographical area

Well... if it is related to the Iceberg system, that would be enough for me to lay down a blanket "it sucks" statement.
click!
When you have an article that lists 25 'cooler-in-a-box' and their product ranks down at measley number 21... it's a safe bet to say that their products 'suck.' Sooo... that's fair IMO.

On the other hand, one could look at their past products as a learning experience... something to improve on. So in theory, they could have a really well performing, compact system that a lot of people would get excited about.

However... In my personal opinion, the pump looks like it is incredibly weak(the motor is the same of an 80mm fan...), the tubing is tiny, the waterblock does not meet the design standards of modern blocks (aluminum, intake tube not centered, very little flow, unknown surface area), the radiator is fairly small, the radiator is aluminum... the list goes on and on. I think that this thing may do well at providing a suitable replacement for a stock AMD HSF and create a quieter environment, but on the OVERCLOCKER forums, it's going to be shunned.

You mean...
I would like to know why all water cooling setups can't be this nice and compact?

Well... they *can* be that small and compact. It's all up to the designer of the system... lemme find that ITX case I was talking about... sec... hmm... yeah, here...
shuttle01.jpg

shuttle02.jpg

shuttle03.jpg

The key to a compact water-cooling system is simple... proper planning. I've seen some small Lian-Li 60s that have INCREDIBLY clean water-cooling, even though the case IS small... ask Fafnir to post his for an example. You can even take bulky components, and create a well-organized system with the right foresight. I'm using an Iwaki30 with 4 components water-cooled in a 36" case... but I honestly don't feel that cramped.

I think that there is obviously a limit as to just how 'small' you can create a well-performing system. I just got a maxijet1200 from a classifieds purchase... it's amazingly powerful for it's small size... if I were to design an itsy-bitsy water-cooler, I'd probably use this little bugger. Slap on a low-profile water-block like the new Innovatek block... maybe a tiny, yet powerful radiator like the old dangerden cube... bingo, a tiny cooling system that has pretty nice performance.

Well I have some questions, no need to start a new thread when I still have this one:

I Plan to attach my copper waterblock to it's plexiglass top with some type of adheasive because there is no room for screws. All along I had been thinking I'd use JB-Weld to do this. I used it on my Rad to hole the Barbs in place, it worked fine but the result looks like plastic. I mean, it holds really well it just dried to a nice smoooth almost plastic like finish, I believe this is normal but it gives me doubts about how well something like that could hold.

Any input would be appreciated.

Also, I have searched the forum 3 times for this already but got way to many results. This information is also not in my motherboard manual. What are the measurements of the mounting holes for a Socket A Processor (distance from one to the other) ? I need these measurments so I can make the top to my waterblock.

Thanks

Are you going to add a copper block to the aluminum system?

Anyway, socket measurements, I found this on procooling:

holes250.gif

iNSiGMA said:
OH COMON man, Be serious, you don't know how well this system could perform. Don't spit stuff like that, it's so bias and one sided, you sound stupid talking like that.

I would like to see a review of it, but just by looking at it no one here would be willing to give it the light of day - most members are stuck on creating the perfect waterblock or some other sh*t.

I didn't ask for flames, I didn't ask you what would outperform it, I asked you why would the pump fail.

Test of Thermal Integration V77L heatsink:
http://www.overclockers.com/articles597/
Joe's rated C/W : .36

Test of Ahanix Iceberg (probably even better than the Poseidon)
http://www.overclockers.com/articles713/
Joe's rated C/W : .39

Where's the bias?

On a friendlier note, what case are you watercooling in?

Are you going to add a copper block to the aluminum system?
Nah, I'm not getting that thing. I am currently working on my own system. Just needed the measurments for the holes.

Thanks.

On a friendlier note, what case are you watercooling in?
Ya know, a chieftec/antec original.

Giblet, how did you mount that mag 5 in the vertical orientation? How did you isolate it so the vibration doesn't transfer to case?

Thanks,
Mike

Giblet Plus! said:

Then why are you bothering with little crap?

I crammed a bunch of stuff in mine:

150803-giblet03k.jpg

Sheesh! I just ASKED about it. It couldn't hurt to save room for AIR, ya know! :rolleyes: :mad:

Back