• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xbox emulator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I have a working xbox emulator, but It requires an ISO image of the xbox game. I tried making one, but I cant make an iso of it. You can find the emulator here:

http://www.zophar.net/xbox.html

If anyone figures out how to make an iso, pm me. Also, if this is against any rules, go ahead and delete it.

Last edited:
Well to make an iso you can rip the files to the xbox HDD then FTP them to your computers HDD.

I'll PM you a web site because im not sure if the mod's like people posting web sites about backing up your xbox games.

Shade00 said:
You can't make an ISO using a PC DVD drive because the Xbox's drive reads the discs in the opposite direction.

that is why you rip it on the box itself, then ftp it to your machine. i think this is on thin ice though here...

Best to figure out the rules before you post or ask someone in charge instead of being lazy and letting someone else have to clean this up.

I'm pretty sure this is not allowed.

as long as he isnt selling or distributing the image i dont see how its bad

Yeah, he is talking about doing this for his own use so I really do not see where it is against the rules. He is not talking about cracking the game, or copying it for distribution so it should be fine as long as it is kept within those guidelines. I have seen posts get stopped though that had close to the same subject lines. I have seen a lot of talk about playstation emulators and such, but not with the burning of iso's involved. Good luck with this thread, I would like to see a working emulator as well.

Yea I didn't think there is anything wrong with it. Just seen many treads get trashed and people warned for this sort of thing.

Also, read threads where any talk about copying a dvd or making any backups is not allowed to be discussed.

But I see everything is stll here so who knows. Guess I'm barking up the wrong tree. Just looking out for the interest of you Yuriman and the forum.

Talking about the emulator is ok.

Talking about how to rip the games correctly is borderline.

Talking about WHERE to download the games is NOT allowed. Keep it to the emulator, and how to use it, please.

xbiker321 said:
Well to make an iso you can rip the files to the xbox HDD then FTP them to your computers HDD.

I'll PM you a web site because im not sure if the mod's like people posting web sites about backing up your xbox games.

They dont like you PM'ing them either;)

Shade00 said:
You can't make an ISO using a PC DVD drive because the Xbox's drive reads the discs in the opposite direction.

what do you mean by "Opposite direction" ? like the drive spins in the other way ? or it starts reading from the outside in ? If it's just teh spin thing that's inverted, couldn't we just flip the rotor backwards on a normal DVD-ROM drive and be able to read the disks on a comp ?

It starts reading from the outer side. Some certain DVD-drives firmware can be flashed to a one which understands Xbox DVD's.

If XBox is anything like PS2 you are not allowed to legally make ISO or any form of backups for your games making it warez even if you own the game, but I've never read the XBox legal garbage.

OC Noob said:
If XBox is anything like PS2 you are not allowed to legally make ISO or any form of backups for your games making it warez even if you own the game, but I've never read the XBox legal garbage.

It's fair use right? As long as you do not distribute them, your safe. You own the product, and you are not giving/selling it, so you should be able to do what you want.

Unless you got hacked and someone stole the isos..... er... yeah....

But backing up a game is LEGAL. (at least for dreamcast) I ended up making a back up of soul calibur because i play it sooo much. Now both my backup and real one are messed up :(

Also, it is legal to have a NES, or SNES or Genesis rom as long as you own the game. It doesn't have to be you who backed it up. (I think.......)

What would you say are the minimum sys requirements?

Back