• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Warcraft 3 - Install = Corrupt ?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JohnnyTheRed

I've tried installing WC3 4 times tonight, each time installing it to a different partition. Each time it installs fine, it seems, the log file says it was installed successfully. But when I go to run it, it says the CD is not in the tray - even though it is. I've also tried putting it into a different CD drive, and even installing it from a different CD drive.

Here is a screenshot of the WC3 Directory. The War3.exe and Worldedit.exe are both missing their icons, as well:

http://brianandbrady.hopto.org/1.bmp

Hmm...I've heard a lot of ppl having the "insert cd in drive" problem. I'll try to search for a solution for you. BTW, the missing icons thing is normal....same thing happens to mine, and it works perfectly.

Nah, I highly doubt the cd is scratched up and stuff causing the error. What I read was that Blizz is caught up in the whole copy protection thing so their games have been unable to be read with some CD-ROM and DVD drives (Samsung comes to mind) because they are unable to read the new protection, or it's not supported or something. This same thing happened with Diablo II and there were many complaints. Frankly, I have not heard a solution to this problem yet, aside from updating the BIOS of the motherboard, or the firmware of the disc drive that's having the problem.

Doh! Figures. I;ve got a Samsung in this comp, as well as some real old drive, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's them. Do ya think Virtual CD would work? I used to use it a while back, but stopped using it when it made my CD drives disappear.

JohnnyTheRed said:
Doh! Figures. I;ve got a Samsung in this comp, as well as some real old drive, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's them. Do ya think Virtual CD would work? I used to use it a while back, but stopped using it when it made my CD drives disappear.

Possibly...you could try it, but I'm not sure if it'll work...if you remember how you made your cd drives to reappear, then I would try it. :D

Back