• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAID Drivers, Win XP, and PC4800-E Dlx question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JudgeDredd

I need some help, cause I must be dense. I have a PC4800-E Deluxe, and I've set up a SATA RAID Array with two Raptors. The problem is, Asus only included a driver CD, and when I try to load RAID drivers durring the initial part of the Windows XP Pro installation, it'll only read from the Floppy Drive. I could just transfer the drivers from the CD to a floppy on this computer, but I did not feel the need to put a FDD on my new computer. Is there anyway to get this to work short of just borrowing the FDD from this computer and using it on the new computer temporarily, cause that would be a lot of trouble. :(

That's the only way I know of to load them during an install. If you can borrow another computer with a floppy it wouldn't take long to make the necessary disk.

the S-ATA drive set up is inthe bios. . . under IDE options. . . in there you can set the enhanced mode etc. . but ALSO it sets up the S-ATA RAID. there are 2 settings. one emables the S-ATA RAID feature the other . . and this is important. enables the RAID BIOS. you must enable both then upon boot you will get the options for the S-ATA RAID . . the VIW 6146 RAID i think is only the standard IDE drive set up. I use it and it works fine here but the SATA is configured from the MAIN BIOS first
'

I tried to ditch the FDD on my last 2 rigs and this always comes up. Rather than using the sata drivers on the CD go to Intel and get the newest IAA here along with the chipset drivers:
http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/iaa_raid/
There's one for the NIC and soundmax too. I just did a clean to lay them out right. As for ditching the FDD the best solution would be to get a USB one.

Back