• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.2ghz AXIA O/C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gumball

I am a total newbie when it comes to O/C one of these so I am hoping someone may be able to help me out.

Anyways I have the above chip, A7V133 bios 1002a-1 and 2 x 256mb crucial cas 2 ram.

Whats the highest I can O/C the FSB whilist keeping it 100% stable and hopefully running cas2 on this mobo?

And Multiplier and voltage- what do you guys think? Heard that lowering it is the way to go but on the chip database most ppl are running it higher!

I am using a thermoengine, a metal 80mm to 60mm adaptor and a sunon fan so hopefully this will keep her nice and cool.

Another question my CPU temps vary very little between Idle and full load. I have heard this is a common problem with these Mobos and has been fixed on a later bios update. Is this true and if so is the 1004 or 1003 the one to use and are they as stable as the 1002a-? Can updating the bios cause any harm to my win2k install?

Thanks for any help all!!

Gumball (Apr 27, 2001 08:33 a.m.):
I am a total newbie when it comes to O/C one of these so I am hoping someone may be able to help me out.

Anyways I have the above chip, A7V133 bios 1002a-1 and 2 x 256mb crucial cas 2 ram.

Whats the highest I can O/C the FSB whilist keeping it 100% stable and hopefully running cas2 on this mobo

The highest you will go is dependent on a lot of variables (your temp's, PCI devices attached, etc.). Unfortunately there is no single answer. You'll have to test it and see what you get.

And Multiplier and voltage- what do you guys think? Heard that lowering it is the way to go but on the chip database most ppl are running it higher!

Every chip is different. You'll have to see what works for you.

I am using a thermoengine, a metal 80mm to 60mm adaptor and a sunon fan so hopefully this will keep her nice and cool.

The ThermoEngine is a good heat sink.

Another question my CPU temps vary very little between Idle and full load. I have heard this is a common problem with these Mobos and has been fixed on a later bios update. Is this true and if so is the 1004 or 1003 the one to use and are they as stable as the 1002a-? Can updating the bios cause any harm to my win2k install?

Updating the BIOS will not impact your OS.

Thanks for any help all!!

No problem. :)

Back